CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Back to Halloween

Happy Wednesday everyone.  I have spent the last two days sharing with you my daughter's birthday card and present.  I hope you enjoyed seeing them.  I sat down yesterday to make a new card to share and found myself faced with a creative block.  Has that ever happened to you?  I just could not figure out what I wanted to make.  I started several different projects and ended up throwing all of them out.  They just were not right.  I was so discouraged.  I thought I would be telling you I failed to get a card made.  However, as I was coming down the hall, I happened to see this flame-less Halloween candle that we bought.  It is orange and has a pumpkin totem pole on it.  Well as you can imagine, I was inspired by this and decided to make a card with my own pumpkin totem pole and that's just what I did.


How cool is this?!!  I really had fun making this one.  I started with a base card of Pumpkin Pie card stock cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  I added a layer of Basic Black card stock cut at 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" using runner adhesive.  For my top layer, I cut a piece of glossy white card stock (or photo paper) to measure 4" x 5 1/4".  I did the technique I showed a week or so ago with the sponges and ink.  I stated by sponging Daffodil Delight ink in the center of the card stock going from the center out.  Next I sponged Not Quite Navy ink from the outside in blending the edge with the daffodil ink where it meets.  Finally I sponged Night of Navy ink from the outside in, not as far as the Not Quite Navy and blended it in with the Not Quite Navy ink.  Again, it just gives your card a little different look and is quite colorful.  Once this was all inked and dried (I let it dry over night) I attached it to the card with runner adhesive. 


The greeting for this card is from the retired stamp set called Pumpkin Patch.  I stamped it using Basic Black ink onto Whisper White card stock and punched it out using the word window punch.  I layered this on top of a modern label punch using runner adhesive.  I added a black pearl to each end and attached it to the card with dimesionals. (I did this after the totem pole was attached.)

The top pumpkin was made using the small oval punch.  I punched 3 ovals from pumpkin card stock and  layered them using a liquid glue.  I added orange glitter glue to the edged of the pumpkin to define the creases.  The stem is a piece of Soft Suede that was run through the big shot using the woodgrain impression folder.  I added Garden Green leaves punched from the bird builder punch and added it with the stem using liquid glue.  I added googlie eyes and a small triangle nose for the fadce.  I ended up drawing the mouth on with my black marker.


The middle pumpkin was made using the large oval punch.  Basically all the pumpkins are made the same way.  I did put black circles under the eyes of this one.  I used the medium circles from the owl builder punch for this.  

The largest pumpkin was made using the wide oval punch.  The black circles for his eyes are the largest circles on the owl builder punch.  Triangles were used once again for noses and the mouths are drawn on by hand.  The pumpkins are attached together using liquid glue and are attached to the card with dimensionals.



To finish my card, I cut out letters for the inside using my big shot and retired billboard decorative strip.   I attached these using liquid glue and added orange glitter glue dots to the letters.  

Easy card with lots of color and a fun theme.  You should give this one a try.  

Well that's it for today.  I will return tomorrow with another share for you.  Come back and see me then.  Thanks dropping by today.


No comments:

Post a Comment