CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Gingerbread and All That's Holiday

Welcome to Wednesday everyone.  I am so glad you are here to see the card I have made for you today.  Today I am going to share with you another fancy fold card.  I have made one of these before but for a different holiday.  So without further ado, let's get started.


For this card, I started with a base card of Cherry Cobbler.  I love the deep red of this color.  I think it complements Christmas very well.  It is cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  The only layer on this one is a piece of designer series paper from the pack called Be of Good Cheer.  This pack is available in the Stampin' Up! catalog.  I cut this piece to be 4" x 5 1/4".  I attached a piece of 1/4" white grosgrain ribbon across the dsp about 2/3's of the way down.  I used runner adhesive to attach the ends to the back of the dsp and attached the entire piece to the card using runner adhesive.  I added small dots of Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details to the ribbon.



The cute little gingerbread men are from the stamp set called Scentsational Season.  I stamped these cut men using Soft Suede ink onto Whisper White card stock.  This stamp set is in the holiday catalog.  The wonderful thing about this set is there is a matching set of framelits called Holiday Collection.  You can actually purchase these in a bundle pack and save some money.  So once my men were stamped, I cut them out using the framelit and my big shot.  I attached the two on the sides with runner adhesive and the one in the center with a dimensional.  I then used my glitter glues and added all the decorations to them.  After all they had to look like they had been decorated.  


The greeting is from the retired stamp set called Four the Holidays.  I stamped it using Cherry Cobbler ink onto Whisper White card stock and cut it out free hand.  Next I used runner adhesive and layered it onto a scrap of Cherry Cobbler card stock and again cut it out free hand.  I attached this to the card on top of the ribbon using glue dots.  


Here is a photo of the inside of the card.  I chose to do a pop up stage card again.  I used the same dsp on the inside of the top and used Whisper White for the inside bottom half and the stage.  To make the pop up stage, I will once again send you to the tutorial provided by Splitcoaststamper.  Click here to go to the tutorial.  


The stamps for the cocoa, tree and candy cane are from the same Scentsational Season stamp set that the gingerbread man is from.  All of these were stamped on Whisper White card stock.  I used Garden Green and Soft Suede ink for the cocoa, Garden Green and Daffodil Delight for the tree and star, and finally Cherry Cobbler for the candy cane.  All were stamped and then cut out using the matching Holiday Collection framelits.  


The snowman is my own punch art creation.  I used my 3/4", 1" and 1 1/4" circle punches to make the body.  Of course I used Whisper White for this.  His nose is made with Tangerine Tango card stock and a prong from the retired small star punch.  For the eyes and buttons, I used a 1/8" circle punch and Basic Black card stock.  His arms are from the retired snowflake punch and are made using Soft Suede card stock.  All pieces of the snowman are adhered together using liquid glue.  

I hope you enjoyed this little pop up card.  I did added dazzling diamond glitter to the stage area to make it shimmer like snow.  I really like making these types of cards.  Yes they take time and patience but the final result is so adorable.  

Well that's it for today.  Please come by tomorrow to see what I have for you.  I look forward to your visit.  Thanks for stopping by today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment