CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Iris Fold Fish Card

Hi everyone and welcome to Thursday.  I hope your week is moving right along with few problems to disrupt your days.  So far so good at my house.

Today I wanted to share with you the card I made using the iris fold fish I showed you how to make yesterday.  I could have shown this to you yesterday but I had not had a chance to finish it so you had to wait.  Today my fish is ready so let's get started.


I started with a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" base card of Marina Mist and scored it at 4 1/4".   I took my iris folded fish and layered it onto a piece of Night of Navy card stock cut at 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  I attached it using runner adhesive and glittery brads.  Once it was securely on the Night of Navy, I attached the entire piece to the base card by placing a glue dot in each corner and runner adhesive all over the rest.  I wanted to be sure it would be nice and secure.  One thing I did not mention yesterday is when I cut my Whisper White card stock to 4" x 5 1/4" I chalked the side that would be the front of the card with a light blue chalk and then turned it over to trace the fish and proceed with the iris fold process.  You do not have to do this.  It was just the look I wanted to have for my finished card.


Here is my little fishy up close.  As you can see, I added a blue rhinestone to mine for an eye.  After all, fish have eyes too.  Then I wanted to add a few bubbles that my fish could be blowing.  I chose to use these light blue sticker dots that I picked up at a local store.  I like them because they have that "wet" look and fit in nicely with a water setting.  If you missed my blog yesterday and want to learn to make the fish, please refer to the blog posted on September 26, 2012 and I will take you step by step through the iris folding process.


Finally, for the greeting I chose my Curly Cute stamp set and selected the "thinking of you" stamp.  I stamped it using Night of Navy ink onto Whisper White and cut it out free hand.  Once cut, I brushed the edges with Night of Navy ink and attached it to my card with dimensionals.  I chose to leave the inside of this card blank.  I did put a piece of Whisper White cut at 3" x 4" with edges sponged with Night of Navy ink in the card to either write on or add a stamp to at a future date.  This card can be used for many different occasions and who knows what I will choose to use it for when the time comes.

Well that's it for today.  I will be back with one more share for this week tomorrow.  I appreciate you spending some time with me today and taking a look at my fishy.  Thanks for dropping by and I will see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment