CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, September 24, 2012

It's Nice To Be Thought Of

Welcome to a new week everyone.  I hope it is a good one for all of us.

Everyone likes to be thought of every now and then.  We all like to know someone out there cares about us and what we are going through.  Well today's card is a card for just that type of occasion.  My sister has a friend who is battling cancer and has been for quite some time.  She is nearing the end of the journey and it has been really hard on her to say goodbye to friends and coworkers.  So when my sister called and asked if I would create a card for her and some other friends to sign and send to this remarkable lady I jumped at the chance.  You see for myself and my sister we have been down this road before with our brother.  I know what it is like for the family and the person and if I can make a card that might brighten her day a little then I am more than happy to do it.  So let me share with you the card.



I started this one with a base card of Daffodil Delight cut at 7" x 10", scored at 5".  I wanted to make this card a little larger than my standard cards to provide more space for signatures.  I added a layer of Tempting Turquoise measuring 4 3/4" x 6 3/4".  It is attached using runner adhesive.  The final layer on the front is made using Whisper White card stock.  It is cut at 4 1/2" x 6 1/2".  Once it was cut, I ran it through my big shot using a larger size impression folder I found at a local craft store.  It was large enough to accommodate the white card stock.  I do not know the actual name of this one.  It came as part of a love type set.  It had hearts and birds and flowers on it.  It is a pretty design.  Once impressed I attached it to the card using runner adhesive. 


I wanted to add a vase of flowers on this card.  Now until I added it to the card and really looked at it I did not realize that it really looks like a pineapple.  All I needed to do was change the vase color and I would have one.  Maybe I will use that idea for another card.  Now back to this one.

I used Daffodil Delight, Garden Green and Tempting Turquoise card stock to make the vase and flowers.  For the vase I used the retired big shot die called ovals.  I cut out the largest oval on this die and trimmed off the top and bottom to flatten them.  I then ran this piece through the big shot again using the fancy fan impression folder.  

To make the flowers, I used the bird builder punch.  The wing serves as the petals of the flowers and the leaves on the branch are the stems.  I trimmed off excess leaves and left just the two that make a "v" shape.  You need 3 petals for each flower.  I started by sponging each petal with Daffodil Delight ink.  I then layered the petals using liquid glue and added the leaves and stems using the same glue.  I attached these to the vase with my 2 way glue pen.  Once all the flowers were adhered to the vase I attached it to the card front using dimensionals.  I added rhinestones to the vase for added bling.  I also added some turquoise rhinestones to the white background for added bling.


The greeting I chose for this one comes from the stamp set Curly Cute.  I stamped it using Tempting Turquoise ink onto Whisper White card stock and cut it out free hand.  I sponged the edges of this with matching ink and then layered it onto a piece of Daffodil Delight.  I trimmed free hand around the greeting leaving a daffodil border.  Once cut out I sponged the edges of that with the daffodil ink and attached the greeting using dimensionals.


For the inside, I wanted to use a stamp that expressed that she is definitely being thought of each and every day.  This saying comes from the stamp set called Word Play.  I stamped it using the Tempting Turquoise ink onto Whisper White.  I then used my big shot and my framelit set called Apothecary Accents to cut out the saying.  Once cut out, I sponged the edges with turquoise ink and attached it to the card with runner adhesive.  I added a light blue sticker dot to each end for added decoration.

My wish is for this card to bring a smile to her face, know she is thought of and know she is loved.  I am so humbled to make this card for her.  

Well, that's it for today.  I will be back tomorrow with another share.  I am not sure what it will be but I will have something.  Thanks for taking time out of your day to stop by and see me.  See you all tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment