CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

It's A Special Day

Happy Happy Birthday to my beautiful daughter Heather!!  I am so proud of the woman she has become and am sending lots of love and good wishes her way on her special day.  I made her a beautiful sunflower card that I shared with you last week as well as the recipe box.  So for today, I wanted to share a card that I made with her in mind.  She has always loved dolphins and I thought I would share a card with a dolphin today in her honor.


I chose to do the iris fold technique for this card.  I started with a base card of Tempting Turquoise cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  For my second layer I went with  Pacific Point card stock cut at 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  The top layer is a piece of Whisper White cut at 4" x 5 1/4".  I added Stickles glitter glue dots in turquoise and bright green to the white for added detail after the dolphin was complete.  I attached the white to the pacific with runner adhesive and glitter brads in turquoise and green after the dolphin was done.  The pacific with the dolphin was attached to the base card using glue dots in the corners and runner adhesive all over the back to ensure it would hold tight to the base.  


Here is a close up of the dolphin.  As I said I used the iris folding technique which is a paper folding process.  You start with a pattern, cut out your shape and follow the numbers to place the folded strips of paper.  I know it sounds confusing so I have decided to show you the step by step process of doing this as I did with the stain glass technique.  I will share it with you tomorrow on my blog so please look for it.

The paper I chose to use for this is a retired set of designer series paper from Stampin' Up!.  It is several years old so I do not remember the name.  Since you want to have papers that coordinate, I tend to cut my dsp into 6" x 6" squares and store them together in a baggie.  That makes it easy for me to find paper that will work well together quickly.


For the greeting, I used the stamp set Create A Cupcake.  I stamped the greeting using Tempting Turquoise ink onto Whisper White card stock and punched it out using the word window punch.  I layered this on top of a turquoise modern label and added a rhinestone to each end.  I then attached it to the card using dimensionals.  

The nice thing about this technique is it provides a focal point on the front of the card and really does not need many more embellishments at all.  The actual folding of the paper and placement does not take long at all.  After you have done a few of these you will get faster and faster at it.  

Well that's it for today.  I will be back to teach you the technique tomorrow.  Please stop by to learn and give the technique a try.  Thanks for dropping by today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment