CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, September 10, 2012

More Cupcakes

Happy Monday to you all!!  I hope everyone had a terrific weekend.  Unfortunately, I seem to have come down with a cold.  I can tell you I feel like the energy has been zapped right out of me.  Luckily I had a good start on a card for today and was able to finish it between my laying down to nap times.  So let's get started. 


I must have been in a purple mood when I sat down to make this one.  I really focused on just the purple family when putting together the color scheme for this one.  I started with a base card of Wisteria Wonder cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  I added a layer on top of this using Elegant Eggplant card stock.  I cut it to measure 4" x 5 1/4" and ran it through the big shot using the Fancy Fan impression folder.  I sprayed it with my champagne shimmer spray and attached it to the base card using runner adhesive.


To make the lovely cupcake you see, I started with my Crazy for Cupcakes stamp set which is retired.  I selected the large cupcake and stamped it onto acetate using StazOn ink.  I used the Stain Glass technique on this one too.  Again, you work on the side of the acetate you stamped the image on.  Use a liquid glue that will dry clear.  Apply your glue to an area you wish to add glitter to and then sprinkle the glitter onto it.  Shake off the excess glitter.  I always start with the darkest color and work to the lightest color.  A tip for helping with the static that always seems to be on the acetate is to use a used dryer sheet and rub over the stamped image before you start adding any glitter.  It helps the glitter to stick only to the glue and release from the other areas.  

The hardest part of this technique is waiting for it to dry.  Your image needs to be completely dry prior to adding it to your card.  Once dry, I added a piece of Wisteria Wonder to the be the background for it.  I attached the acetate, glitter side down to the Wisteria using a glue dot on each corner.  Next I took a piece of Whisper White and punched out a border strip using the dotted scallop ribbon border punch.  I cut it into pieces and attached them to each side of the cupcake using a liquid glue.  I added a small scallop flower from the itty bitty punch pack made from eggplant to each corner to cover the seams.  To finish it off, a rhinestone was added to the center of each flower.  The entire piece was attached to the card using runner adhesive.


The greeting for this one is from the stamp set called Create A Cupcake.  I stamped it using Elegant Eggplant ink onto Whisper White card stock.  I then punched it out using the large scallop punch.  Next I punched a scallop oval out of the Wisteria Wonder card stock and layered the large oval on top of it using runner adhesive.  It is attached to the card using dimensionals.

Well, I am off to make another card right now while I am inspired.  Then it will be time for a nap.  I will have a post for you tomorrow.  Please come by to see me then.  Thanks for stopping by today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment