CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, September 14, 2012

Pin A Rose .........

Hi everyone and happy Friday.  Thanks you for your understanding yesterday.  I took the day to get a few things done that I needed to and to just rest and relax.  This cold I have has been up and down this week and that coupled with other things just finally overwhelmed me.  I was able to regroup and get in some creative time to get my mojo going again.

On Wednesday I shared with you the step by step instructions on how to make a Stain Glass image.  I made a beautiful rose and told you I would let you see the project I used it on.  Let me start by sharing the finished rose with you once again.


Here is my beautiful rose.  To learn how to make this please visit my prior blog on Wednesday September 12, 2012.  All the steps are listed for you.



And here is the card I made using the rose.  I knew I was going to make this one to be a little larger than the standard card so I started by cutting a base card measuring 5 1/4" x 10 1/2", scored at 5 1/4".  That's right - it's a square.  I chose to use one of the new in-colors from this year called Summer Starfruit.  I added a layer of Elegant Eggplant to this using runner adhesive.  I cut this piece to measure 4 3/4" x 4 3/4".  Then it was time to make the frame.



To create my frame, I used a piece of shimmer white card stock.  I took a piece of this and punched out 2 11" strips using the retired lace ribbon border punch.  I really like the look of this border.  I cut the pieces to be 3 flowers across the top and bottom and 4 down each side.  I attached these to the acetate edges of the rose using my 2 way glue pen.  I then placed a rhinestone in the center of each flower all the way around the edges.



Finally I added a background for my rose.  The acetate cut for the rose measures 3" x 4" so I started by cutting another piece of Summer Starfruit card stock to measure the same.  I then took this and ran it through my big shot using the fancy fan impression folder.  I am beginning to think this is one of my favorites because I find myself using it more and more.  I took the impressed piece and sprayed it with my champagne shimmer spray and attached it the the acetate by placing a glue dot in each corner.  I knew these would be covered by the border and wanted a good strong adhesive to hold these together.  I then added runner adhesive to the back of the Summer Starfruit and added some glue with my 2 way glue pen to the edges of the lace border that extend over the side of the acetate.  I placed it on my card front and pressed down to be sure all areas adhered as I wanted.  

Once again I want to thank you for understanding about yesterday.  I am hoping to really relax some over the weekend and send this cold away.  My family and I are having a pizza party for my daughter Heather for her upcoming birthday and it should be a lot of fun.  

I wish you all a wonderful weekend.  I will return Monday with another share for you.  Thanks for stopping by today!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment