CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, September 28, 2012

Red Hat Kind of Day

Happy Friday!!!!  Well we made it to the end of another week.  I am looking forward to my crop tomorrow here at my home.  I cannot wait to see everyone and to share some fun, food and crafting!!!  It should be a lot of fun.

Last week I got to go to lunch with one of my favorite people, my aunt.  She was in need of some birthday cards so I took a variety along for her to look at.  She chose several from my selection but could not find one that really fit her neighbor and good friend.  So we started talking about things this lady likes and it happened to come up that she is a member of the Red Hat Society.  Now I have never made a card with that theme but I told my aunt I would work on one.  Today I am going to share what I made with all of you.  Ready?  Here we go!!!!!



Ta Da!!!!  For a first attempt I am quite pleased with the turn out.  I had to make this card larger than my regular card to accommodate her height.  I started with a base of Real Red card stock cut at 7" x 10", scored at 5".  I added a layer of Elegant Eggplant to this which measured 4 3/4" x 6 3/4".  It is attached with runner adhesive.  For the final layer I used Whisper White card stock cut at 4 1/2" x 6 1/2".   I ran this piece through my big shot using the over-sized impression folder.  I attached it to the card using the same runner adhesive.


For the greeting, I pulled out a stamp I bought at a stamp convention.  It is by a company named DeNami.  I love this stamp because the greeting is vertical and it adds a little different look to the card.  I stamped this onto a piece of 1" x 5 1/4"  Whisper White card stock using Elegant Eggplant ink.  I sponged the edges with the same ink.  Next I took a piece of 1 1/4" x 5 1/2" Elegant Eggplant and 1 1/2" x  5 3/4" Real Red card stocks and ran them through the big shot with the same over-sized impression folder.  Once impressed, I layered them all using runner adhesive and attached them to the card using the same adhesive.  


Now we shall start on our lady.  I used Real Red, Elegant Eggplant, Going Gray and retired Blushing Bride card stocks for her.  Her face is the ornament punch trimmed so the chin is not pointy.  Her hair comes from 2 wide ovals.  I cut them to achieve the look I wanted.  For the hat, I used the wide oval for the brim and a 1 1/4" circle for the top of the hat.  I also punched a 1 1/4" circle from eggplant and cut a strip to make the hat band.  I added a feather I picked up at the craft store and purple glitter to add dazzle to the hat.   I also added white gel.  The nose is the small circle from the owl builder punch while the eyes and mouth are drawn on by hand.


Her arms and legs and sleeves are the word window punch.  I cut the windows for the arms in half to I could make them bend.  The top of the dress is a large oval trimmed on the sides to give her some shape.  For the skirt I used the large tag punch.  The shoes are the small oval punch trimmed to a shape I like and a scrap is added for the heels.  Once all pieces of the head and body were attached using liquid glue, I added stickles glitter glue to the top and skirt and red rhinestone to the top for buttons.  There are also purple rhinestones on the toe of each shoe.  The finished and dry lady is attached to the card using dimensionals.


This is the stamp I used inside the card.  Again I got this one at the convention and I really do not know who made it.  I stamped it on Whisper White card stock using Elegant Eggplant ink and sponged the edges with the same ink.  I layered this onto a piece of Elegant Eggplant card stock using runner adhesive and attached it to the card using the same runner adhesive.

Well that finishes up another week.  I can not believe how fast this one went.  I will be back Monday with another card to share with you.  Until then, thanks for stopping by today!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment