CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, October 4, 2012

A Fantasia Moment

Happy Thursday to all!!!  Well around our house it is happy except for my husband who once again has a sprained ankle.  Of all the ways to injure it he did it this time playing a video game on the Wii.  The really ironic thing is it was a WiiFit game where you are exercising.  So while trying to do good, he misstepped and rolled his ankle.  Poor guy!!

Last Saturday at my crop, I was perplexed as to what I wanted to work on in terms of a card.  I did not have anything pressing that I needed to do and so it was really what did I want to do.  Well, as I was sitting at my craft table I happened to glance at some of the cards I have made in the past.  These are always on display and are for sale as are all the cards I post here on my blog.  All of a sudden one of the cards caught my eye.  It was a baby card I made with the cutest little hippo on it.  I began to think about how I had never used the hippo on any other type of card except a baby card.  And then it hit me!!!  Dancing hippos!!  You know the ones from Fantasia.  I always loved to watch those cute hippos in their tutus dance around and around.  So I bet you know what I chose to make.  If you guessed hippos in tutus you would be right.  Let me show you the card.


Aren't they cute?!!!  I started with a base card of Pretty in Pink cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I added a layer of Basic Gray to this that measured 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  It is attached to the base using runner adhesive.  For the top layer, I went with a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Whisper White card stock.  I ran this piece through my big shot using the music note impression folder I picked up at a local craft store.  Once embossed, I attached it using the same runner adhesive.  Now I did add some hot pink rhinestones to this after the words and hippos were added.  It just needed some bling!


When I was trying to decide what greeting I wanted on the front I decided to use the word Dance.  After all it best described what the hippos were doing.  Now I did make this a birthday card by adding a birthday greeting inside.  Now back to the front.  I cut the letters for the words out of a hot pink glimmer card stock I bought at the local craft store.  I cut them out using my big shot and the retired decorative strip Billboard.  Once the letters were all cut out, I attached them to the card using a liquid glue after the hippos were attached.


Finally we get to the star of the card - the hippo.  This is a very easy animal to make.   I used Whisper White, Basic Black, Basic Gray and Pretty in Pink card stock for her.  Her eyes, head, nostrils, toe nails and hearts for the bows come from the owl builder punch.  Her body is a 1 3/4" circle.  For the feet and arms and teeth, I used the boho blossom punch.  I used the largest flower on it for the arms and the scallop flower for the feet and teeth.  The center of the bow is a 1/4" circle.  For the tutu I used the scallop oval punch.  I trimmed it to be a shape I liked.  All pieces of the hippos are assembled using liquid glue.  I added some pink Stickles glitter glue to the bow and tutu for add dazzle.  White gel pen was added to highlight the eyes.  The hippos are attached to the card using dimensionals.  

I thoroughly enjoyed making this card.  I think I had dancing hippos in my mind for the next couple of days.  They just make me smile every time I look at the card.  I hope you get a smile from this one too.

Well that is it for today.  I shall be back tomorrow with another card for you to look at so please come back and visit.  Until then, thanks for stopping by today and I will see you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment