CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A Pretty Little Birdie

It terrific Tuesday - at least that is my wish for the day.  I want to share another card I made over the weekend with you today.  I have used the stamp before but have done a new card with it.  I would say this one was inspired by my husband's grandmother.  She loved birds and bird watching.  My husband grew up with her sharing her knowledge of birds and he too developed a love of bird watching.  I know one of my favorite birds to watch is the hummingbird.  Now I know there are lots of varieties of this species but I am not up on all the different names of them.  For me they are just hummingbirds.  I am always amazed at how fast their little wings move!!  I do not know how they have the stamina to keep it up.  Anyway, when I found this stamp years ago at a convention, I bought it with my husband and his grandmother in mind.


As you can see, I used a stamp that was purchased for the purpose of doing the stain glass technique.  I  started with a base card of Cajun Craze card stock.  I cut it to measure 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  The only layer that is attached to the base card is the stain glass image with its frame.  I guess we will take a little closer look at it.


I used the black StazOn ink to stamp the image onto acetate.  I gave it a few minutes just to sit to be sure it dried.  Next, I selected the colors of glitter I would use for my image.  As always, I also used a white glue that would dry clear to apply the glitter.  I started by wiping over the image with a used dryer sheet.  I then worked from the darkest color to the lightest color.  Remember the reason for this is so as you shake off the excess glitter, you will not mix in any of the darker colors on top of the lighter.  The dryer sheet will remove the excess static from the acetate and allow the glitter to easily release.  Once all the glitter was applied, I set the piece aside for several hours to dry.  Remember by looking at the front of your image you will know when its dry because all you will see is the glittered image.  If you see any white still showing from the glue, you will need to let it continue to dry. 

I chose to make a frame for this one.  I cut a piece of glittery silver card stock at 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  Next I measured the image with a handy ruler and then drew a box on the back of the glittery silver and then using a self healing cutting mat and my craft knife I carefully cut the box out.  I applied sticky strip to the borders of the frame and carefully placed it over the acetate piece being sure the image shows through.  The image and frame are attached to the card using glue dots.  

I left the inside of this card blank.  I did attach a white piece of card stock inside to either stamp a greeting on or to write on when I decide what I want to use this card for in the future.  It is always nice to have blank cards on hand.  

Well that is it for today.  I do have another stain glass image to share later this week.  Tomorrow I will be back with another card for you to see.  I think you will enjoy it and hope you return to see what it is.  Thanks for stopping by today.

No comments:

Post a Comment