CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Chomp Chomp

Hi everyone and welcome to Wednesday.  Yesterday was my wonderful husband's birthday.  Today I want to share the card I made for him with all of you.  He is a big video game fan.  While he plays his XBox and Wii most of the time, he is a fan of some of the older games too.  You know the ones I am talking about - Frogger, Pac Man, etc.  So while I could have chosen a game that is newer to base a card on, I went with one based on one of the older games.  I first saw a card similar to this on on Pinterest.  It was made by Dany Piepgrass.  I will link you to her blog a little later on.  For now let's look at my card shall we.


I started this card with a base card of Pacific Point card stock cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  Next I cut a piece of Basic Black to be 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  I sprayed it with my champagne shimmer spray and attached it to the card using runner adhesive.  Then it was time to make the border of my play screen.  To do this I used the Pacific Point card stock once again and my word window punch.  I punched 2 windows for each corner and attached them using the runner adhesive.


For my ghosts, I turned to one of my favorite punches - the owl builder.  I punched an owl out of Tempting Turquoise and Real Red.  Simply cut the feet off and turn him upside down and you will have a ghost.  They too are attached with runner adhesive.  Now they have to watch for Pac Man so they needed some eyes.  I chose to use googly eyes for these guys.  I loved the fact that the red ghost's eyes were a little crazy looking for the picture.  It just gave him character.  My eyes were not self adhesive so I attached them using glue dots.  These cute little ghosts are attached to the card using runner adhesive.

For the greeting, I used a stamp I bought years ago from a craft store.  I stamped it on Whisper White card stock using VersaMark ink and heat embossed it with black embossing powder.  I punched it out with my word window punch.  It was attached to a piece of Pacific Point card stock with runner adhesive and attached to the card with the same adhesive.


For Pac Man, I punched a 1 1/4" circle out of Daffodil Delight.  I then used my scissors to cut out a small piece for his mouth.  He is also attached using the runner adhesive.  For the dots that Pac Man eats, I used those white sparkly balls that I picked up at my local craft store.  I placed them randomly on the card.  I used glue dots to attach all these to the card.

All in all this was a fun card to make and to look at and my husband loved it!!  Now that you have seen mine, let me share Dany's site so you can see hers.  Click here to visit her site.  

I hope you enjoyed this card.  I will be back tomorrow with another one to share with you.  I do hope you will drop by to see it.  Until then, thanks for stopping by today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment