CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, October 5, 2012

Christmas Angels

Fabulous Friday has once again arrived!!  It has certainly been a busy week but overall it was a fairly uneventful one.  I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend and hoping the inspiration fairy stops by and inspires me to make cards like I did last weekend.  I was so productive!!

Today I thought I would share a card with you that was actually inspired by several people who attended my crop last weekend.  I have a board displayed in my craft room that is full of punch art examples.  Once of those examples is an angel.  My daughter and 2 others said they would love for me to make a card using the angels so of course I did not want to let them down.  The card I am sharing today is the result of that inspiration.


This one started with a 4 1/4" x 11" base card of Garden Green.  I scored this piece at 5 1/2".  Next I added a 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" piece of Real Red to this using runner adhesive.  Finally for the top layer, I added a piece of Whisper White card stock measuring 4" x 5 1/4".  I ran this through the big shot using an impression folder called Snowflakes that I picked up at a local craft store after I stamped the greeting onto it.  I then attached it to the card using the same runner adhesive.


Here is a close up of the greeting.  I stamped this using Garden Green ink.  The greeting is from the retired stamp set called Four The Holidays.  I stamped it on before embossing the piece.  Stamping after would not have looked right.


Now for my angels.  The card stock colors I used when making these are Shimmer White, retired Blushing Bride, Soft Suede, So Saffron, Gumball Green and Champagne Shimmer.  I used a 3/4" circle punch for the face.  The back of the hair is from the owl builder punch.  For the bangs, I punched a 1" circle and cut it in half making the edge wavy.  The dress for each angle is the largest petal from the blossom builder punch.  Her wings are from the 1 3/4" scallop circle punch.  I took both the dresses and wings and ran them through the big shot using the Lacy Brocade impression folder.  The flowers for their headbands were made using the small scallop circle punch from the itty bitty punch pack.  I added a small pearl to the center of each flower.  Last but not least is the halo.  I made it by first punching a 3/4" circle out of the champagne shimmer paper and then punched a 1" circle around the hole.  All pieces of the angels were assembled using liquid glue and attached the completed angels to the card using dimensionals.  

Well that wraps up another week for me.  I wish you all a happy and safe weekend.  Be sure to stop by on Monday and see if I was productive this weekend or not.  Until then, thanks for stopping by today!!!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing the directions.

    ReplyDelete