CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

From Go Go Girls to Cupcake Girls To ??????

It's terrific Tuesday!!!  And I am proud to say I do have a card to share with you.  I got some much needed time in my craft room yesterday and was able to come up with a cute card.  The idea for this one came to me in the middle to the night.  Does that ever happen to you?  I woke up to roll over and all of a sudden I had an idea of a card I wanted to make.  Weird isn't it?!  Oh well at least I did something.

Some of my favorite punch art characters to make are the little Go Go girls.  They always bring a smile to my face when I finish with them.  I used them as cupcake girls a few days ago and used the final card as a birthday card.  So it made perfect sense in the middle of the night to use the girls once again in a different theme this time - Christmas!!


Christmas tree girls!!!  Who would have thought these little girls could be so versatile.  I used a 4 1/4" x 11" piece of Garden Green card stock and scored it at 5 1/2".  I layered a piece of Whisper White measuring 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" onto this using runner adhesive.  For the final layer, I used the color Cherry Cobbler and cut it to be 4" x 5 1/4".  I then ran it through my big shot using the Petals-a-Plenty impression folder.  Once embossed, I sprayed it with my champagne shimmer spray and colored in the center dots of the flowers with a gold marker.  The piece was attached to the card with runner adhesive.

For the greeting, I once again used the retired Four the Holidays stamp set.  I stamped the greeting onto a piece of Whisper White card stock using Garden Green ink.  I brushed the edges with the same ink and then attached it to the card using glue dots.  I curved the ends and middle using a pencil before attaching it to the card.  


Here is the first little girl.  She is a blond so I used So Saffron for her hair color.  I also gave her Pacific Point blue eyes.  Otherwise she is made using the same card stock and method of the other one.  Let's take a look at her.


Here she is.  This one is a brunette so her hair is from Soft Suede card stock.  She had beautiful dark brown eyes made with Chocolate Chip card stock.  Again, these are the only differences so let me tell you how I made the rest of them.  

The colors of card stock used were the retired Blushing Bride, Whisper White and Champagne Shimmer.  I started by taking out the Scentsational Season stamp set.  I used the tree stamp from this set and stamped it twice using Garden Green ink.  Once they were stamped, I cut them out using the framelits set called Holiday Collection.  I added Dazzling Diamond glitter to the edge of each tree using a 2 way glue pen.   I then cut out the stars using the same set of framelits.  The back of the hair is the owl builder punch.  The color of the eyes and their noses are also from the owl punch.  For the bangs, I punched out a 1" circle in the hair colors, cut them in half and made sure to make the edge a little wavy.  The head band is a 1" circle offset and punched around the hole of a 3/4" circle.  The small stem from the headband to the star is a strip of card stock.  The face is a 3/4" circle.  Once it is punched out, punch a 1" circle around it and cut the ring of it into 5 pieces for the neck, arms and legs.  Her hands are the owl feet from the owl builder punch and the heart from the owl punch is used for the shoes.  I cut it in half and voila - you have 2 shoes.  For the whites of the eyes, I used a 1/8" circle hand held punch.  All piece of the girls were adhered together using either a 2 way glue pen or a liquid glue.  Once they were all put together, I attached them to the card using dimensionals.  I then added the final touch of the red dots.  I used the Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details glitter glue to do this.  Allow plenty of time for them to dry before you touch the card or open it.  

Now as I was typing this blog, it hit me that I should make some Halloween and Thanksgiving cards using my girls.  I will have to see what I can come up with but first need to finish my card for tomorrow.  I hope you try these little girls.  They are so much fun to make.

Thanks for stopping by today and I will be back tomorrow with another card for you to see.  Until then, happy crafting!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment