CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, October 19, 2012

How To Make A Shape Card

Happy Friday!!  We have once again made it through another week.  The other day I was looking at some tutorial videos and came across one on how to make a card and shape it using the edgelits from Stampin' Up!.  I really liked the card and decided I would make one.  For my share today, I will show you step by step how to make this card.  The person who made the video is Darlene Devries and you can go visit her site and view the video by clicking here.  Now on with my photo tutorial.


To get started on this you will need your big shot, the Adorning Accents Edgelits from SU!, a 4 1/4" x 11" card which you score at 5 1/2", a piece of 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" solid color card stock piece and a piece of designer series paper cut at 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".  I used a base card of Very Vanilla for my card.  I chose to use Cherry Cobbler as my solid piece of card stock and used a piece of dsp from the pack of paper called Be of Good Cheer.


First you will need to fold your card in half.  Then add snail (runner)  adhesive to the back of the solid color card stock and attach it to the front of the card.


Here is the card with the Cherry Cobbler attached to it.  My flash really messes with the color.  I will have to remember that in the future.


Next, take out your edgelit that you will be using.  Now I know you cannot see it in this photo but I have put a small dot using a Sharpie marker at the center point of the edgelit.  That way I can make sure I get the edgelit centered before putting it through my big shot.


I use painters tape to adhere the edgelit to the card stock prior to running it through the big shot.  I used large pieces here but normally I use smaller ones and make sure the tape it sticking to the part that will be cut off so my card stock does not tear on the side I will be using.  You can see my center dot on the edgelit in this photo.  I use a ruler as a guide when finding the center of the card stock and placing the edgelit.  


As you can see, this is what it looks like once the edge is cut off.  This is my card which means it cut through 3 layers of card stock at once.  That is so awesome!!!!!!!  Now you will repeat this step on the other side of the card so only the ends are straight.  


Here's what it looks like when it is finished and open.  Pretty isn't it?


Next, we are going to do the same thing on the dsp that we did on the card.  Center the edgelit on one side and run it through the big shot to trim it off.


Now this dsp is going to be a layer on the front meaning I do not want it to be edge to edge.  I want a border.  So start by placing the dsp on your card (no adhesive) and mark where the dips are.


See my pencil marks?  This will tell me where the piece lines up on this edge.  From this mark, I will move the dsp down to double the border in size so there will be a border on each side.


Once it is lined up as you want, turn the card with the dsp still in place over and trace the edge on the back side of your dsp.  This will show you where to line up the edgelit.  Place the edgelit and run it through the big shot.


Here is the designer paper after both sides have been trimmed off.  I think it looks good.


Now you can add runner adhesive to the back side of the dsp and attach it to the card.  You can see that I have a border on each side.  This will serve as my beginning to a card I am making.  Now if you want to see what I do to this card, you will just have to come back by on Monday and visit.  

Well that's it for this week.  I wish you all a wonderful weekend.  Have fun and be safe.  Thanks for dropping by today.  See you all Monday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment