CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

New Friends in the New World

Happy Tuesday to you all but more importantly, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY WONDERFUL HUSBAND, DAVE!!!!!!!!!  Yes today is his special day.  Unfortunately he has to work today so I do not get to spend lots of time with him but I am sure we will do lots of fun stuff once he is home. 

Every year, I feel like I do so much for Halloween and Christmas but often fall short on Thanksgiving.  So this year, I am trying to make more of an effort for this special day and not just cooking a turkey but actually making cards and decorating.  I do have an inflatable turkey that I put up in my yard every year.

Last year, I made a cute card for Thanksgiving using those cute little people you make with the owl punch.  You know the ones I usually turn into go go girls.  Well I made a boy and a girl pilgrim and put them on a card.  They are adorable but I wanted to change it up a bit for this year.  So as I was pondering what to do, I started thinking about the first Thanksgiving and how the pilgrims and Indians celebrated this day together.  Well of course I was struck quickly with the idea of turning these cute little people into Indians.  So let me share with you my card and I will go through how to make it.


I started with a base card of Daffodil Delight card stock cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  I then took a piece of Garden Green and Cajun Craze card stock and cut them to measure 4" x 5 1/4".  I ran the green piece through my big shot using the Top Note die.  I took the note that was cut out and put it aside for a future card.  I wanted to use the frame that it leaves behind.  I ran the frame through the big shot using the impression folder called Fancy Fan.  Next I ran the Cajun piece through the big shot using the same impression folder.  I layered the frame onto the Cajun and adhered it using runner adhesive.  If you notice, I turned the Cajun paper to the opposite side of the impression to be framed.  I apologize for the little white dot on the side of the frame.  I did not notice it when I took the photo.  It does not belong there.  It was just visiting.  Once the frame was attached to the Cajun, I attached the entire piece to the base card using runner adhesive. 


For my greeting I turned to my Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set and stamped the greeting on Whisper White card stock using Cajun Craze ink.  It was punched out using the word window punch.  Then I punched a modern label out of Daffodil Delight and impressed it using the big shot and an impression folder called Mosaic.  I brushed the edges using More Mustard ink and then layered these together using runner adhesive and attached it to the corner using dimensionals.  


In the two bottom corners of the frame, I wanted to add a little something for decoration.  I chose to use corn.  I started by using my retired small oval punch and punched out 6 ovals.  I ran these through the big shot using the Mosaic impression folder.  Next I punched out the small petal from the blossom builder punch using Garden Green card stock.  I punched 6 of these, one for each ear of corn.  I drew on lines to give it more of a texture and then adhered the corn and leaves together into their bundles using liquid glue.  I attached them to the card using runner adhesive. 


Let's start with the boy Indian chief.  I used Crumb Cake card stock for the skin.  More Mustard, Chocolate Chip, Daffodil Delight, Real Red, and Pumpkin Pie as the color of the outfit.  Since I have made these people before, I am simply going to tell you the punches I used.  The head is the 3/4" circle; for the hair and feather band I used the 1" circle; the feathers are the small petal from the blossom builder punch; the pants, top and sleeves are from the owl builder (for the sleeves cut the vest in half lengthwise); shoes are from the owl builder as well as his hands, eyes, and nose; the neck is a piece of Crumb Cake snipped out of a l" circle ring.  I drew the zigzag on free hand using my Chocolate Chip marker and colored it in.  The mouth is also drawn on free hand as well as the lines on the feather of the head dress.  All pieces are attached using a 2 way glue pen and liquid glue.  The finished boy is attached to the card using dimensionals.


Here you can see the little Indian girl.  I used the same colors for her and basically all the same punches.   On her, I wanted to show arms and legs so I used a 1" circle ring that was punched out around a 3/4" circle hole.  For her pig tails, I punched out the owl body, cut the feet off, and turned it upside down.  I cut a section of it out of the middle giving the impression her hair is in pig tails.  The head band is simply a small strip of More Mustard which I glued on to her hair and cut any over hang off.  For the bottom of her dress, I started by punching a 1" circle out of chocolate and then punched a 1 1/4" scallop circle around the hole.  I attached the vest to it and cut off any overhang.  All pieces of her are attached together using a 2 way glue pen and liquid glue.  The finished girl is  attached to the card using dimensionals.  

Now I know I did not go over all the instructions for making these little people so if you have questions, please feel free to ask.  I know sometimes things can be confusing.  They really are simple to make once you get the hang of it.

Well I am off to work in my craft room once again.  Wonder what I should make today?  I am sure I will think of something.  I thank you for stopping by today and will be back with another share tomorrow (if you guess that it will be the card I made for my husband, you may be right - I guess you will have to return to see if you are).  Have a wonderful day and I will see you all tomorrow!!





No comments:

Post a Comment