CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Old Friends

Happy Thursday everyone!!  I am happy to report I do have a card to share with you and it is a cutie!!  I finally spent some time in my craft room and really had fun making this one.  I hope you like it too.  Let's get started shall we!!


Best friends Pooh and Piglet are out for a balloon ride.  I love this card.  My youngest was a huge Winnie the Pooh fan when she was little and still likes him today.  This card seemed like a logical one to make with her in mind.  I started with a base card of Daffodil Delight cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I then took a 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" piece of Whisper White card stock and using my pastels, I chalked a sky background on it.  I attached it to the card using runner adhesive.  


Then it was time to make my balloons.  I went with only two shapes - the wide oval and the 1 3/4" circle punch.  I used the small heart punch to make the tie off piece of the balloon and attached it using liquid glue to the circles and ovals.  I wanted happy colors so I punched them out of Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Tempting Turquoise, Island Indigo and Gumball Green.  I wanted to add a little texture to each balloon so I decided to use my impression folders to do this.  I used a different one for each balloon:

daffodil is done with the tiny stars folder
tangerine is done with the medium polka dots folder
turquoise is done with the square lattice folder
indigo is done with the trio dots folder
green is done with the diamond plate folder

Remember you use your big shot with these.  Once they were all embossed, I attached a piece of colored string to each one using a glue dot.  I adhered the bottom balloons with runner adhesive and the top ones with dimensionals.  I then pulled the strings taunt and attached them to a large glue dot.  The excess string was trimmed off.



I learned to make this version of Pooh and Piglet from a fellow SU! demonstrator named Elaine.  I loved these because you only need three punches to complete them:  owl builder, bird builder and word window.  Pooh is made using Real Red and More Mustard card stock while Piglet comes from Regal Rose and Pink Pirouette.  All pieces were assembled using a liquid glue.  I drew the eyebrows and mouths on with a fine tip black marker.  The completed characters are attached together at the hands with liquid glue.  I folded a small piece of Piglet's hand over Pooh's.  I then attached the two to the card using dimensionals being sure to cover the large glue dot.  Here is the link to Elaine's site for all the instruction for making them.

Now I was thinking of using this for a birthday card but my husband thought it would make a cute baby card.  One of his co workers and his wife are expecting in January and their baby shower is coming up soon.  So I guess I will make a small change and use it for that.  Want to see what the change is?


Yep - it's mustaches!!!!  The theme of the shower is mustaches.  Even the invitation for it had a baby with a mustache on it.  Luckily for me, I pulled out my Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge for my Cricut machine and cut out 2 mustaches.  They are attached with a 2-way glue pen.  They are still adorable don't you think?

Well that's it for today.  I am planning on working once again in my craft room so I should have a card for you tomorrow.  Please come back by to see what I come up with.  Thanks for dropping by today!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment