CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, October 26, 2012

One of My Favorite Characters

Woo hoo!! We made it to Friday!!!  I am so glad to have you here today.  Now you may recognize the card I am going to share with you today.   I have made this character before but she is just so cute, I decided to make her again.  So let's get started.


Do you remember her?  I thought you might but if not then this is a treat for you.   I started this card but cutting a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" card out of Wisteria Wonder and scored it at 4 1/4".  Next I cut a layer of Whisper White card stock to be 4" x 5 1/4".  I ran it through my big shot using the Fancy Fan impression folder and then brushed over the top of it using a sponge and Wisteria Wonder ink.  Once I had covered the entire piece lightly, I attached it using my runner adhesive.  Finally, I cut a piece of Wisteria Wonder to measure 2" x 4".  I ran this through the big shot using the Lacy Brocade impression folder.  It was then attached to the white using the runner adhesive.


For Minnie Mouse, I used retired Blushing Bride, Whisper White, Basic Black and Elegant Eggplant card stock colors.  Her ears are a 1 3/4" circle punch.  The head is the 2 1/2" circle punch.  For the band of her bow, I punched out a 2 1/2" circle and then repunched it by offsetting the punch just a little.  For the bow itself, I used 2 large ovals, the retired butterfly (cut in half) and the small oval punch.  I added the lines onto the bow to add depth using a fine tip marker and the rhinestones are for sparkle.  Her eyes are made using the large oval, the retired small oval and the wide heart from the retired heart to heart punch.  I punched 2 of the hearts and cut off a piece of each for the eyeballs.  I drew on the eye lashes and added white gel to the eyes.

The cheeks and mouth area is comprised of 2 large ovals and 1 ornament punch.  I trimmed the top of the ornament and cheeks off to make the curve.  Her nose is the wide heart from the retired heart to heart punch, trimmed.  I added the black mark to the nose.  The white spot is a scrap that I trimmed into a shape I liked.  The mouth is a wide oval trimmed down while the tongue is the small heart from the retired heart to heart punch trimmed.


The arms and hands are made from the large oval and the small oval punches.  The hands are trimmed on one side to give then the curve and the fingers are drawn on with a black marker.  All of the eggplant pieces on Minnie are sponged on the edges using black ink.  All pieces of Minnie are attached using liquid glue and the finished mouse was attached using dimensionals to the card.  

I added rhinestones to the Wisteria background just because Minnie deserves some dazzle.  The greeting is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.  I stamped it using Elegant Eggplant ink onto Whisper White.  I then punched it out using the word window and sponged the edges using Wisteria Wonder ink.  It is attached using runner adhesive.

I believe you can search through my site using the Labels on the right hand side to find my other Minnie Mouse card.  Just search under the Disney label.  She should be there.

I wish you all a wonderful weekend and hope you have some fun.  It is pumpkin carving time at my house so we will be up to our elbows in pumpkin.  Thank you so much from dropping in today and I will see you all on Monday!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment