CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, October 15, 2012

Patchwork Halloween

Welcome to a brand new week.  Isn't it funny how weekends seem to fly by?  Where does the time go?  I spent a fun day on Saturday with my youngest and my sister.  We went to an event to raise money for my husband's charity.  It was a shopping event so of course we had a lot of fun looking at everything.  I did find time to work on a few card ideas so I do have a fun card to share with you.  Let's just jump right in and get started.


When I started this card, I was actually planning on putting different punch art items on it.  However, once I laid the background down, I found it was too busy for my art.  So I have saved that for another day.  I did like the look of this card so I just created a design to go along with it.  

I started this card with a 4 1/4" x 11" piece of Gumball Green card stock.  It is scored at 5 1/2".  Next I pulled out scrap pieces of Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Elegant Eggplant and Basic Black card stock.  I punched 1 1/4" squares from these, three of each color.  Next I laid them in a random pattern and adhered them to the base card using runner adhesive.  Once they were secured down, I pulled the circle and the plus looking flower punch from the itty bitty punch pack and punched circles out of black and flowers out of green.  I outlined the outer sides with the circles and placed the flowers in the center where corners of the squares meet.  I adhered them using my 2 way glue pen.  I added large pearls to the four outer corners, small pearls to all the other circles and rhinestones to the flowers.


The stamps I chose to use for this card are all Halloween stamps I have picked up over the years.  On the daffodil squares I stamped a moon with a bat using Basic Black ink.  I added yellow glitter glue to this.  Next I stamped a pumpkin onto the pumpkin squares using Basic Black ink and added orange and  green glitter glue to the image.  I did add yellow glitter glue to the eyes, nose and mouth but it is hard to see in the photo.


On the eggplant squares, I went with a witches hat stamp and stamped it with black ink.  I added a lime green glitter glue to the hat band and purple glitter glue to the hat.  For the black squares, I knew an image would not show up as well if stamped with regular ink.  So instead, I stamped this image with VersaMark ink and heat embossed it using black embossing powder.  Since it has a bit of a shiny look to it, I did not add any glitter glue.  

Think of this card as a sample of how to turn a mistake into a workable project.  After all as I said before, I laid the pattern down and adhered it to the base card and then decided it would not work for the card I wanted.  I am glad I came up with another idea and was able to make it work for this one.  

Well that is all for today.  I hope you have a wonderful Monday.  Please come back tomorrow for another card.  Thanks for stopping by today.

No comments:

Post a Comment