CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, November 5, 2012

A New Tip For You

Welcome to Monday and a new week everyone.  I thought that I would start this week off by giving you a heat embossing technique.  This tip should come in quite handy if you love to emboss like I do. 

Have you ever been creating a card or scrapbook page and wanted to emboss an item on it?  Did you ever need a specific color of embossing powder only to find you do not have it and cannot get it from anywhere?  Well that has happened to me on more than one occasion.  So when I learned this technique I was thrilled.  Let me show you how you can emboss a stamped image with any color you want.


To get us started, you will need an image you want to stamp, a VersaMark ink pad, a colored ink stamp pad, clear embossing powder and your heat gun.  I decided to stamp the gingerbread man from the Scentsational Season stamp set.  As you can see I have the clear mount set so I also had to get my clear block out for it.  I have a Whisper White piece of card stock all ready to stamp on so let's get going!!


Step 1:  Ink your stamp completely using the VersaMark ink pad.  Be sure to cover the entire stamp image with this ink.  


Step 2:  Once you have applied the VersaMark ink, apply your colored ink to the stamp.  Yes you are adding it on top of the VersaMark but it will be okay I promise.  Be sure to cover the entire image with the colored ink too.  For my gingerbread man I used Chocolate Chip ink.


Step 3:  Now that you have both the VersaMark ink and the color ink to the entire image, stamp your image onto your card stock.


Step 4:  Now that your image is stamped, cover it completely with your clear embossing powder.  By using clear, we are allowing the natural color of the ink to come through, just in an enhanced way.


Here you can see the gingerbread man after he is heat embossed.  The color looks nice and rich which is what I wanted for him.


I took this second photo of him so you could see the shine you get from the embossing.


Here you can see another image I embossed with clear powder, this time using Garden Green as my colored ink.


Again this photo is just to show you the shine of the embossed image.  

Once you try this you will be hooked.  It is so nice to know I can emboss in any color I would like to emboss with.  It allows you a much broader range for making your cards and scrapbook pages look unique.  I do hope you will give this a try and will love it as much as I do.

That's it for today.  I hope this tip is helpful.  I will be back tomorrow with another share for you to see.  Until then, thanks for stopping by to spend a little time with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment