CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Let's Trim the Tree Shall We

Well it's Wednesday and while most of you might be looking forward to it, I am not.  It is my day to go to the doctor for my check up and that means they draw blood.  I am not scared of the needle or anything like that, it's just the last few times I have gone, I ended up with bruising from the blood draw.  I just do not like how it makes me hurt.  Luckily my doctor is an okay guy and seeing him does not bother me but it also does not thrill me ( no offense doc ).  So believe me when I tell you the card I made for today is one that gave me something to look forward to doing - Christmas tree decorating.  Let me share with you my creation (that will make me happy too).


This card just sparkles!!!!  I started with a base card of Garden Green cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I then focused on cutting my other layers for this one.  The bottom Whisper White layer measures 3 3/4" x 4 3/4" while the top one is 2 3/4" x 3 3/4".  For the middle layer I cut a piece of the shimmer red glitter card stock to be 3 1/4" x 4 1/4".  Before I layered these together,  I added some glue using my 2 way glue pen to the edge of the bottom white layer.  I added Dazzling Diamond glitter to this.  The glue was about a 1/2" wide strip down each side.  I wanted to be sure it stood out behind the red.  The red is attached to the white using runner adhesive.  For the top white layer, I attached it to the red using runner adhesive and a glue dot in each corner after I edged it with Cherry Cobbler ink and had stamped the tree on it.  The entire layered piece is attached to the base card with runner adhesive also. 


Prior to adhering the layered piece to the base card, I wanted to add a little design onto it.  I knew there would be about a 1/2" exposed on each side and felt it needed a little something to enhance it.  I took out one of my retired stamp sets called Christmas Punch and used the snowflake punch from it.  I stamped this image using VersaMark ink and then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  


Finally we get to the tree.  The stamp is a current one called Star Tree.  I started by stamping the image using VersaMark and Garden Green ink.  I inked the stamp first with the VersaMark and then with the Garden Green so I could heat emboss it.  I described this technique in detail this past Monday so you can refer to that post if you need.  I used a clear embossing powder on this and heat embossed it to enhance the color.  I then added red, green and clear rhinestones to the tree for decorations.  Finally I used the star punch from the Merry Minis punch pack and punched a star out of the shimmer champagne glitter card stock.  I attached it to the top of the tree using a dimensional.  

This is  a simple card but I had fun making it.  I sure hope it inspired you with your card making too.

Well that's all for today.  I am going to do my best to have a card for you tomorrow.  However, I must tell you my doctor runs notoriously late most of the time.  I have sat in the waiting room for an hour and a half past my appointment time waiting to be seen and then had to wait another half hour in the exam room before he came in to see me.  So while I do intend to have a card, there is a slight possibility that I will run out of time today.  After all, once I see him I have to go wait at the on sight lab to have my blood drawn and who knows how many people will be ahead of me!!  

Thanks for dropping by today and I will do my best to see you all tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment