CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, December 14, 2012

One of Santa's Helpers

Happy Friday everyone.  Now I bet you are wondering what happened to me yesterday.  Well I have been holidaying it up!!  Wednesday I spent the day with my husband putting up all the outside lights on our house.  We had not had time to do this before now and it was definitely time to get it done.  This took up most of the day and I only had time to make the little character that is on today's card.  I did not want to just blog about him so I chose to wait.  Luckily I had Thursday morning to work on the card because the rest of the day was devoted to Christmas shopping.  I am pleased to say we are finally finished!!!  Now if I can just get the wrapping and baking done I will be good. 

On to today's card.  This one is a very simple card.  I think I will just show it to you and get started. 


I started my card with a base card of Garden Green.  It is cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I added a layer of Whisper White measuring 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  I attached it using runner adhesive.  For the final layer of my card, I chose to go with Real Red.  I cut a piece to be 4" x 5 1/4".  I ran this through my big shot using the Petals-a-Plenty impression folder.  I then took my white gel pen and colored the center of the flowers.  Once that was finished, I attached it using the runner adhesive.


To start my elf, I selected the colors Garden Green, Whisper White, Basic Black and the retired color Blushing Bride for my card stock.  I started with the face by using the ornament punch.  The ears are the bird wings from the bird builder punch.  The nose and the black of the eyes are the medium circle from the owl builder punch.  The white of the eyes also comes from the owl builder.  It is the largest circle.  The green of the hat is the largest petal from the blossom builder punch.  The brim of the hat is a large oval and the elf's collar is a scallop oval.  I added dazzling diamond glitter to both the brim and the collar.  I added a smile with a fine tip black marker as well as white gel pen to the eyes.  For the final touch, I added a red pom pom ball to the tip of the hat. 


For the body I used the wide oval punch.  The arms are made using the word window punch as well as the legs.  The cuffs for the sleeves and shoes are from the boho blossom punch.   So are the hands.  I added dazzling diamond glitter to the cuffs.  I added the smallest circle from the owl builder punch for buttons.  I used the small oval punch for the shoes.  I trimmed them to be the shape they are.  To make the buttons and shoes shiny, I added crystal effects to these.  For the final touch, I added some jingle bells to the toes of the shoes.

Well, I have baking plans with my daughter for today and grocery shopping too.  As I said I am hoping to wrap some presents this weekend too.  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I will see you all back here on Monday!!  Thanks for stopping by today.

No comments:

Post a Comment