CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Ready for Santa

Hi everybody!!  It is the middle of the week and we are one day closer to Christmas.  Yesterday I shared with you some punch art elves that were inspired by Disney's Prep and Landing.  Today I have the finished card to show you so let's get started.


In order to accommodate both elves, I had to use a larger card.  I started this one with a base card of Cherry Cobbler cut at 7" x 10", scored at 5".  The only layer added to this card was a 4 7/8" x 6 7/8" piece of Whisper White.  I chalked on a background for the sky and attached it to the card using runner adhesive.


Here you can see the upper half of the card.  In the sky background, I wanted to add some snowflakes.  I punched these out of Whisper White and added Dazzling Diamond glitter to them.  They are attached to the card with liquid glue.  You can also see the poles of Santa's landing strip on the roof here.  I punched out 2 word windows from white and attached them using runner adhesive.  The stripes were added using the Cherry Cobbler marker and the balls on top are 1/2" circles.  I added Crystal Effects to the balls.


This is the bottom half of the card.  I used Early Espresso for my roof color.  I started with a piece cut at 3 1/4" x 4 7/8".  This would serve as my base to build the shingles on.  I then cut strips of espresso from another piece of card stock to be 3/4" wide.   I cut these into pieces 1 1/4" long to use as my shingles. I layered these and attached them down using runner adhesive.  Once all the shingles were on, I attached the finished piece using runner adhesive onto the white.  I wanted some lights on the roof so I punched circles out of Cherry Cobbler and Garden Green using the owl builder punch.  I attached them to my roof line using liquid glue and added Crystal Effects to them.


Now to the stars of the card.  For both of these I used the following colors of card stock:  Always Artichoke, Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, retired Blushing Bride and Basic Black.  Let's start with our shorter elf.  Here is a list of the punches I used:

Hat - blossom builder punch, large petal
Head - 1 3/8" circle
Ears - wing from bird builder
Eyes/Nose - owl builder
Body - wide oval
Arms/Legs - word window
Hands - boho blossom
Shoes - small oval punched just offset from a 3/4" circle hole



For elf number 2, the hat, ears, eyes, nose arms, legs and shoes are the same punches as above.   Here are the different one:

Head/Body - large oval

To make the goggles I used a scrap of artichoke for the strap and the small circle from the itty bitty punch pack for the eyes.  To make a ring around the glasses part, I punched a 1/4" circle and then punched the itty bitty circle around it.  The glass part is done with a piece of Brushed Silver.  I used 1/8" circles for the buttons and the smallest circle from the owl builder for the center of the belt buckle.  The edging at the top and bottom of the body was made by punching a large oval from the olive and then offsetting the scallop oval and punching again.  To do the ruffles at the arm/hand and leg/shoe connections, I used the itty bitty punch pack.  I punched the circle first and then offset the scallop circle from the pack and punched again.  Trim off any excess.

I used my Blushing Bride marker to draw on the mouth and outline the ears.  The eyebrows were added using the Soft Suede marker and white gel was added to the eyes.  For the tall elf, I also added a small piece of Soft Suede card stock for his hair.  Red pom pom balls finished them off on the tops of their hats.  All pieces were assembled using a liquid glue.  The finished elves were attached using dimensionals.

Well that's it for today.  I will be back tomorrow with another share for you.  I do hope you will stop by again.  Thanks for dropping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment