CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Owl Punch Strikes Again

Happy Thursday to you all.  We are in the final days of preparation before Santa makes his visit and we celebrate the birth of Jesus.  I hope all of you are ready for the holiday.  I know there will be things I do not get to but that's okay.  I am trying really hard not to stress too much.  I am a true worrier and drive myself and everyone around me insane so I want to give my loved ones the gift of peace this year and just relax.  Say lots of prayers for me.  This will not be an easy task.

As we are finishing the week before Christmas, I thought I would share another holiday type card with you today.  My inspiration for this one came to me in the shower.  I was thinking about how I had not used my owl punch very much lately and wanted to use it.  So I started reflecting on every punch art piece I had made with it.  All of a sudden it just came to me what I wanted to do.  So let me show you my latest owl punch art!!


Ta Da!!!!!  Isn't he the cutest!!  Okay.  Let's start with the base card.  This one is a Real Red piece of card stock cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I added a layer of Basic Black measuring 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" using runner adhesive.  For my top layer, I started by taking a piece of Whisper White cut at 4" x 5 1/4" and stamping my "HO" and candy on it using Real Red and Garden Green ink.  These stamps are ones I got in a set a few years ago.  It is not a Stampin' Up! set so I do not know the name of it.  Once I had the images stamped randomly and was happy with the look, I ran this piece through my big shot using my snow flurry impression folder.  I then attached it to the black using the runner adhesive.  I added the green and red rhinestones after the greeting and Santa were attached.


My greeting for this one comes from the retired stamp set Four the Holidays.  I stamped the saying using Garden Green ink onto Whisper White card stock.  I brushed the edges of the white with a sponge and green ink and layered it onto a piece of Garden Green card stock using runner adhesive.  I used my corner rounder punch to round the green corners and attached it to the card using dimensionals.  


I took this photo close up of Santa with my flash on my camera.  I thought it looked okay enough to show but really wanted you to be able to see the details.  So I took a second photo without the flash.


Much better.  YOu can now see the details better as well as the colors.  I used Real Red, Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black and the retired Blushing Bride card stocks to make Santa.  Let's go through the punches now:

Owl Builder Punch - the vest of the punch is used to make the pants, jacket, sleeves (this one is cut in half; one half for each arm), face and one part of the hat (the part that sits on the head; trim down to round the top.  I used the medium circle of the owl punch for the nose.

Blossom Builder Punch - I used the short wider petal for the back piece of the hat.  

Small Heart - this makes up his boots.  

Retired Heart to Heart Punch - I used the smallest heart on this punch to make his gloves.  I trimmed one side of the heart to be the thumb.

1 1/4" Scallop Circle Punch - this makes up Santa's hair, beard, and fur trim on the bottom of the coat and the brim of the hat.  For the trim and beard, I started by punching a 1" circle and then punching the scallop circle off set from it.  

1/4" circle and 1/8" circle - these are what make up Santa's eyes

1/2" and 3/4" circles - these make up the mustache.  
I started by punching a 1/2" circle out of white and then punched the 3/4" circle ring around the hole.  I cut this in half and trimmed each half a little shorter.

Itty Bitty Punch Pack - I used the circle and scallop from this pack for the cuffs of the jacket and pants.  Start by punching out the circle.  Then off set the scallop and punch again for the ruffled cuff.

The white strip down the front of his jacket is a scrap of white that I had.  I added a little white gel pen to the black of the eyes and some Dazzling Diamond glitter to the fur trim of the outfit.  A pom pom ball finishes off the outfit on the tip of the hat.  

I plan to be back tomorrow with one more share for this week.  I do hope you will stop by to see me.  Thanks you for taking some time out of your day to visit with me.  See you tomorrow!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment