CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

And We're Off!!!

Hello everyone and a big Happy New Year to you all!!!  I have really missed blogging and spending time with you all each and every day.  It is also nice to get back into the craft room and play with all my stuff.

My family had a wonderful Christmas.  We had a Christmas Eve dinner with some of our family, spent Christmas morning with our girls and their guys and had all our other family over for Christmas night to play games and have dessert.  It was a lot of fun.  My husband and I also did something different this year.  We always do a Christmas breakfast so that our girls can have one meal with us.  Then we just eat sandwiches or something easy for dinner.  Well this year, we went out to dinner.  Now I did not do this to support businesses being open.  The restaurant we went to is one of our favorites and we went because one of our favorite waitresses was going to be working.  We wanted to visit her and spend time letting her know how much we appreciate her.  It was truly a nice experience and I think it will become a tradition for us as long as the restaurant is open.

The biggest excitement for us over the holiday was celebrating our youngest daughter, Kaitlyn.  She finished all her pharmacy tech classes as well as her externship meaning she is an official licensed pharmacy tech.  But the most exciting thing is she got a job in her field.  We are so happy for her and know she will be a success.

Now onto the card.  Since Kaitlyn was going to be starting a new job, she had to give up a job she has had for 2 years.  She wanted to give a few of the people she had worked with a thank you card for all their support throughout her schooling.  Today's card is the one I made for her to give out.  So let's get started shall we.


I started with a base card of Daffodil Delight cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  Next I cut Whisper White card stock to be 4 1/4" x 5 1/4".  Along the 4 1/4" side, I used the retired eyelet border punch and punched the pretty border you see.  I edged it with Daffodil Delight ink.  Once it was completely decorated I attached it to the base using runner adhesive.  I lined the one straight edge up with the top of the card as I was attaching it.  The background on this card was made using the Daffodil Delight ink and a daisy stamp I picked up a couple of years ago at a local craft store.  


For the greeting of this one, I used the Perfectly Penned stamp set.  I inked the stamp with VersaMark ink and then with Daffodil Delight ink.  I heat embossed it using clear embossing powder.  I love the overall look of this stamp set.  


For the focal point of the card, I took a scrap of Whisper White card stock and stamped more daisies on it using the Daffodil Delight ink.  I used my colored pencils and colored in the petals with a golden yellow and the center with orange.  I then cut the daisies out using my small scissors.  I added some Dazzling Diamond glitter to the tips of the petals and an orange puffy dot sticker to the center.  To attach it to the card, I used a dimensional.  

Well that is all I have for today.  I will be back tomorrow with another card to share with you all.  Please stop by and see me.  Thanks for dropping by today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment