CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, January 7, 2013

Finally Finished!!

Hi everybody!   And a gigantic Happy Birthday to my Dad.  Love you lots and hope your day is terrific!!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  I spent mine packing up Christmas.  I am happy to say I finished it all.  It looks so empty in my house now and I miss sitting an watching the lights on the tree.  I feel like this every year.  Oh well, I am sure it will pass and the nice thing is now I can get back into my craft room and just play with all my stuff.

Today's card is one I made for a friend.  He is a member of my husband's crew and has known us for a long time.  I wanted to make him a card that featured things that represent him.  Ready to see what I made?  Let's get started.


Ta da!!  Now I did not realize this photo was blurry when I took the photo and of course the card is already on its way so I could not retake it.  For that I am sorry.  Now let me focus on the card.

I started with a base card of Cajun Craze cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I added a layer of Night of Navy measuring 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" and attached it to the base using runner adhesive.  For the top layer I started with a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Whisper White and ran it through my big shot using the new Cloudy Day impression folder and my big shot.  Aren't the clouds cute?!  I wanted to add a light color to this so I used my sponge and Marina Mist ink and sponged over the entire piece.  I attached it with the runner adhesive.  For a final touch, I added a couple of torn pieces of Garden Green card stock for some grass.  It is also attached with runner adhesive.


Now I have made this fireman before so if he looks familiar that's why.  I learned to make him from the punch guru Ellen Kemper.  Instead of me trying to tell you how to make him, I am going to refer you to her blog for the instructions.  Click here to get the instructions.

The colors of card stock I used my him are as follows:

Helmet, coat, pants - Daffodil Delights
Shirt - Night of Navy
Eyes - Whisper White and Marina Mist
Shield, gloves, boots - Basic Black
Face, nose, ears - retired Blushing Bride
Mustache, eyebrows - Crumb Cake

This photo shows the top half of the fireman.


Here is the bottom half.  I will tell you there are a couple of punches that were used are retired but I am sure you can come up with alternatives.  An example would be the boots.  It used the retired butterfly punch.  You could use a 1" circle and trim it to be the boots.

The rifle was made using the modern label punch, the word window punch and the 1/4" circle punch.  I used Early Espresso and Brushed Silver card stock.  

All pieces of the fireman and rifle were attached using a 2 way glue pen.  I attached the rifle to the fireman using glue dots and the finished fireman to the card with dimensionals.


For the inside of the card, I could not find a stamp with a saying that I wanted to use.  So I sat at my computer and did some searching.   Finally I found a saying I liked.  I could have type it or written it out by hand but I decided to stamp it.  I used an alphabet set of stamps to do this.  I stamped the words using the Night of Navy ink onto Whisper White card stock.  I then cut the phrases out and mounted them onto Night of Navy card stock.  They are attached using runner adhesive.  As you can see, it used the entire space so we wrote our message and signed our names on the inside cover.  

Well that's it for today.  I will be back tomorrow with another birthday card to share.  Thanks for stopping by today.  See you all later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment