CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, January 11, 2013

How About A Little Kiss?

Good morning everyone.  Well it looks like we made it to Friday once again.  My day will be filled with cleaning as we are having some friends over this weekend. I am so looking forward to seeing everyone and having fun.

Today's card was another one that I saw on Pinterest by Donna Schafer.  If you are not on Pinterest, you really should visit it.  There is just so much there.  Now back to Donna's card.  I just thought her was so cute and I wanted to try my hand at making one myself.  Mine is designed a little different than hers but I did not want to copy her.  Here is my version of the Hersey Kiss card:


I started this card by cutting a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock to be 4 1/4" x 11" and scored it at 5 1/2".  I then added a layer on top of Whisper White which measured 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" and attached it using runner adhesive.  For the final full top layer, I cut another piece of Cherry Cobbler at 4" x 5 1/4".  I added some black and white hearts which were punched out using the small heart punch.  I attached the small hearts to the cherry using runner adhesive.  Once they were all attached, I ran the piece through my big shot using the Lacy Brocade impression folder.  I then attached my embossed piece to the card with the runner adhesive.  The rhinestones added to the small hearts were added after everything had been attached and the card was complete.


For my greeting, I decided to use a stamp from a retired set called Wandering Words.  On the actual stamp, the words and hearts are coming out of a mailbox.  I did not want the mailbox as part of my picture so I inked my stamp with my Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Up! marker being sure to only add ink to the hearts and words.  Once I stamped it onto Whisper White card stock, I cut it out free hand, sponged the edges with matching ink and attached it using dimensionals.


For the bottom half of the card front, I started with a piece of Basic Black card stock cut at 1 1/2" x 5 1/2".  I punched hearts out using the small heart punch. (These were attached to the cherry background.)  I then ran this piece through the big shot using the Fancy Fan impression folder and sprayed it using champagne shimmer spray.  I set this aside for a few minutes.  

Next I took my blossom builder punch and punched out 3 of the largest petals which have a scallop edge on one side from Glimmer Silver card stock.  I set these aside and cut a strip of the silver to attach to the back of the black so the hearts would be silver.  I attached it to the black using glue dots.  I then attached the 3 petals to the back of the black piece using glue dots.  The petals are simply turned upside down.  Now I recommend glue dots for this card stock if you need to attach the glittery side to another piece of card stock.  It just seems to work the best.  I took out a scrap of vellum paper to create the flags.  Two of the saying came from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set and the Bitty Banner stamp set.  I cut them out using my big shot and the Bitty Banner framelits.  I attached these to the kisses using my 2 way glue pen.  I angled them a little crazy so that they would fit on the card.  Once they were attached, I attached the entire piece to the card from using runner adhesive.  I added the rhinestones to it for a little more jazz.    


For my inside greeting, I used another retired stamp set called Sprinkled Expressions.  This was a Sale-a-Bration stamp set from last year.  I stamped the large heart and the words using Cherry Cobbler ink onto Whisper White.  I then took my corner rounder and rounded the corners.  I brushed the edges with Cherry Cobbler ink and attached it to the card using runner adhesive.

That brings us to the end of today's share.  I do hope you are getting inspired for Valentine's day.  Please have a nice, relaxing and fun weekend.  Be sure to do something you enjoy.  I will see all of you on Monday.  Thanks for stopping by today!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment