CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Inspiration Strikes!!

Happy Thursday!!!  Remember when I shared all those neat Valentine's from my husband's grandmother last week?  Well, I was looking at them again and decided to make a card based off of one of them.  Let me show you my card and then I will show you the Valentine.


Here is my version of my card.  I'll give directions for it in a minute.


Here is the actual Valentine in my scrapbook.  Remember my card is based on this so it is not exact.

I started with a Cherry Cobbler base card cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  I added a layer of Bashful Blue cut at 4" x 5 3/8".  I ran this through the big shot using the cloudy day impression folder.  I added some white craft ink to the clouds and adhered it to the base using runner adhesive.  To finish by background, I added a couple of torn strips of Garden Green for a grassy area.  These are also attached using the runner adhesive.  I sponged a little Garden Green ink onto this to add some shadows.  The greeting was stamped directly onto the blue sky using Cherry Cobbler ink and an alphabet stamp set that I have.


Here is my boy.  I used Marina Mist, Whisper White, Basic Black, Garden Green and Early Espresso card stock to make him.   Here is a list of the punches I used:

Neck/Arms/Legs/Socks - Word Window
Eyes - Owl Builder, 1/8" Circle and 1/4" Circle 
Hair/Hat - Large Oval
Nose - 1/4" Circle
Body - Wide Oval
Bow Tie - Retired Heart to Heart and Owl Builder
Hands - Boho Blossom
Shorts - 1" Square
Shoes - Little Labels Punch Pack
Collar of Shirt - scrap

I used a black marker to draw on a mouth and white gel was added to the eyes.  All pieces were adhered together using liquid glue and he was attached to the card using runner adhesive.


To make my wheelbarrow of love, I started with my big shot and my ovals #2 die (which is retired).  I cut out the largest oval from a piece of So Saffron and cut it in half.  I ran the half through my big shot using the fancy fan impression folder and sponged Soft Suede ink lightly over the top to highlight the design.   The handle for the wheelbarrow is a word window punched from Chocolate Chip card stock.  For the wheel, I started with a 1 1/4" circle in Old Olive.  I layered a 1" circle of Marina Mist on top of that.  I then used the owl builder punch to punch out the little hearts from Glimmer Red card stock.  I added a rhinestone to the center of it for bling.

The flowers were made using the leaves from the bird builder punch first.  I punched lots of them out of Garden Green card stock.  I then punched a 2 1/2" circle from So Saffron to adhere the leaves to it using my 2 way glue pen.  I tried to cover the majority of it although I see a few spots in the photo.  I used the scallop flower from the itty bitty punch pack and punched multiple flowers out of Melon Mambo and Pretty in Pink.  I attached these to the leaves with the liquid glue and added a rhinestone to the center of each one.  For the final touch, I punched out several small hearts from Glimmer Red using the small heart punch.  I attached them using the liquid glue.  The completed wheelbarrow is adhered to the card using dimensionals.  

Well I am off to my mammogram appointment.  I cannot wait until it is finished so I can come home and craft.  Have a wonderful day everyone and please stop by tomorrow to see me.  Thanks for coming by today!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment