CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Love At Sea

Hi everyone.  Welcome to Thursday.  I am happy to report my head is finally eased off and is just a dull roar now.  I was a little concerned earlier today when the migraine intensified once again.  I thought for sure it would be back to bed and no crafting.  However, it did decided to ease off and I was able to get back to crafting.  I seem to have so much to do but not enough time.  As much as I like to organize my craft room, I think I had better start organizing my time too. 

I recently ordered a few more items from the Spring catalog from Stampin' Up!  My card today was made using a new sizzix clearlits die called Happy Whale.  I think we are just going to jump into the card.  Ready?  Let's get started.


As always, we are going to begin at the beginning.  I started with a base card of Read Red cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  Next I cut a piece of Whisper White to be 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  Using my pastels and a cotton ball, I created a sky background on it.  It was then attached using runner adhesive.  I added the water by cutting strips off a piece of Pacific Point card stock.  I used a pair of decorative scissors to do this.  The design the scissors cut is called bounces but I thought it would work well for waves too.  The strips were adhered using runner adhesive.  I then added a few lines of glue with my 2 way glue pen to the strips and added dazzling diamond glitter to them.


To make my boat, I used a new set of framelits from the Spring catalog called the Ovals Collection.  I only cut 2 of the next to largest oval out.  I cut off a strip from one and layered the piece on the card using runner adhesive.  I save the cut off piece.  I took the other whole oval and layered it onto the first cutting the excess that hung over the edge off.  I used this cut off piece as well as the first one to make the layers.  The port hole is a Soft Suede 1" circle with a Basic Black 3/4" circle layered on top.  Again, trim off any excess overhang.  The anchors are part of the Happy Whales clearlit die.  I cut them out using the die and my big shot from Real Red card stock.  They are attached to the boat using a liquid glue. 


Here are the love whales themselves.  I cut one out using Bashful Blue and the other is cut out of Pretty in Pink.  For their eyes, I used the circles from the owl builder punch and of course Basic Black and Whisper White card stock.  The water blowing out of their spouts is also part of the Happy Whale clearlit.  I cut them from Pacific Point and attached them using my 2 way glue pen.  I added dazzling diamond glitter to the drops.  Then I drew the mouths on with a fine tip black marker.  I did add a little gel pen to their eyes but this was after the photo was taken.  I then took some Glimmer Red card stock and cut out little hearts with the owl builder punch.  I glued one onto each whale as a fin and scattered the others on the boat and in the sky area. 

This card went together very quickly.  I am so pleased with my new items that I used on this one.  I do hope you don't miss out on these.  

That's it for today.  I am going to go back to crafting but will go slow so my head stays in check.  Wonder what I should try next?  I guess you will have to come back by tomorrow to see what I come up with.  Until then, thanks for stopping by today.

No comments:

Post a Comment