CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, January 14, 2013

Pink and Butterflies - What Could Be Better?

Hi everyone and happy Tuesday.  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  For those of you who had to work, I hope you have a few relaxing days at home this week.  Both my girls work on Saturday's and one works on Sunday too so I know those days off during the week are very welcomed.

One of my favorite things to use on cards is the butterfly.  When Stampin' Up! retired their butterfly punch, I was very sad.  Once I saw that they had a new one in the 2012-2013 catalog, I was very happy.  It is called Elegant Butterfly.  Now imagine how thrilled I was when the new Spring mini catalog came out and I saw the new Bitty Butterfly punch.  I had not used either one of these on a card yet so I wanted to use them for today.  This is another Valentine's card for you.  Let's get going shall we.


This particular card starts with a base of Melon Mambo card stock cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I added a 4" x 5 1/4" layer of Whisper White to this.  Once I cut the white to size, I ran it through the big shot using the elegant bouquet impression folder.  After impressing it, I attached it to the base card using runner adhesive.


The greeting on this card is from a retired stamp set called Valentine Defined.  I used Melon Mambo ink to stamp it directly onto the white.  Now I know you can see the little line up above it.  I do apologize for that.  It just happens sometimes.  The butterflies were punched using the Elegant Butterfly and the Bitty Butterfly punches.  I punched them out of both Melon Mambo and Vellum Paper.  I ran the pieces through the big shot using the impression folder called Honeycomb.  It is a new one from the Spring catty.  I layered the vellum on top of the mambo and attached it using my two way glue pen just in the center.  I added the pearls to the center of the butterflies to cover the glue that might show through.  For the trail they leave behind, I used some light pink rhinestones I picked up at a local craft store.   The butterflies were attached using dimensionals.


I used the same light pink rhinestones to add to the center of the flowers.  I thought it added a bit of sparkle and color to the otherwise white flowers.  I also added a couple of larger rhinestones to dots next to the filigree.


For the inside I used a stamp I have had for years.  I got it at a local craft store.  I stamped it using Melon Mambo ink onto Whisper White card stock.  I then cut it out using the heart collection of framelits.  I used my mambo ink and sponge to add some ink to the edges of the heart.  It is attached inside using runner adhesive.

This is a nice, simple card but I love the look.  Give it a try.  

Well that concludes my blog for today.  Thanks for dropping by and I will see you all tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment