CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Long Day

Hi everybody and happy Wednesday to you all.  Boy was yesterday a long day for everyone in my home.  My daughter has to be to work by 5am every day so she is always up by 3 to have plenty of time to get ready and to drive there.  But yesterday, even my husband had to be up at 2:30am.  He had a memorial service to attend for a sheriff's deputy who was killed in the line of duty one year ago.  They held a special gathering at the place and time where he was killed, then he had to attend school all day.  Well I don't know about you but once everyone in my house is up and moving, I too seem to get up and cannot stand to stay in bed and sleep.  So I got up myself by 3:30 and got to work on the laundry.  By last night, we were all tired.  Luckily we went to bed early.

 I was also lucky that I worked hard in the morning and finished my share for you.  Today's card is one I made for my husband's fire chief to celebrate his birthday.  I think I will just show it to you and get started.


I started with a base card of Real Red card stock cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I added a layer of Whisper White measuring 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  I attached it using runner adhesive.  For the final layer, I chose Night of Navy.  Yes I went for the red white and blue theme.  Anyway, I cut the navy to be 4" x 5 1/4".  I ran this piece through the big shot using the stripes impression folder.  Once embossed I sprayed it using my champagne shimmer spray.  Once it dried, I attached it to the card with the runner adhesive.


To make the fire helmet, I used Whisper White and Basic Black card stock.  Believe it or not, I used my Cricut machine and a cartridge called Create A Critter.  Doesn't sound like it would have a fire helmet does it?  However, one of the critter's is a dalmatian dog.  I have actually used him before on a card.  Anyway, I cut the helmet out of white because that is the color of the chief's hat.  I cut the badge out of black.  Once both pieces were cut, I glued the badge on using a liquid glue.  The number one pieces is cut out from the badge by the Cricut.  I filled in the hole left by it with liquid glue and then added the gold glitter.  I used my Basic Black marker to draw on the black line and to write the word CHIEF on it.  It is attached to the card with a dimensional.


 For the focal point, I decided I wanted to make a Maltese cross.  I cut it out of Real Red card stock.  I added a 2 1/2" Night of Navy circle to the center of this.  I took my retired Voila stamp set and stamped the Happy Birthday using Real Red ink.  I punched this out using the 1 3/4" circle and sponged the edges with the red ink.  I added this to the navy circle.  These were all adhered together using runner adhesive.  I then used my 2 way glue pen and added the stripes to the red and sprinkled on red glitter.  Once finished, I attached the entire piece to the card with a runner adhesive and a few strategically placed glue dots.  I added some rhinestones to this to jazz it up a little.

I sure do hope that today is more of a normal day than yesterday.  I plan on it being which should give me plenty of time and energy to work on my card for tomorrow.  I am so glad you stopped by today.  Please come back tomorrow to see what I will have to show you.  See you all then!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment