CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Another Easter Iris Fold

Hi everyone.  It's wonderful Wednesday!  I hope your week is going well so far.  I have a fairly busy day today and tomorrow.  I am attending a meeting for my husband's charity this morning and have a couple of errands to run after that.  Tomorrow I am going to spend the day with my aunt.  I am really looking forward to seeing her.  We always have a lot of fun together.

Today I am going to share another Iris Fold technique card with you.  This one is also themed for Easter and is one of my favorites.  Let's get started.


Much of how I made this card is the same as yesterday so I will try not to bore you with the details.  I started with a 7" x 10" card , scored at 5" out of Whisper White card stock.  I added a 4 3/4" x 6 3/4" layer of designer paper I bought at a local craft store to this using my runner adhesive.  The final layer is another white piece cut to be 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".  This piece is what the Iris Fold would be done on and then added to the base card when complete.


This pattern is one of an Easter basket.  Now the handle of the basket is just a scrap of dsp and the eggs were cut out free hand.  The only part that is actually folded is the basket.  I started by placing the pattern onto my light box and tracing it onto the white card stock using a pencil.  I cut this out on my self healing mat using my craft knife.  I found 3 coordinating pieces of dsp to use for this particular pattern.  Once the basket was completed, I attached the handle and eggs to the top, carefully trimming off any excess.  Once the basket was completed I was ready to prepare it to attach to the card.


This time I added cut little butterfly brads to the corners of the folded design.  I used sticky strip on the back of the design and added a glue dot on top of the back of each brad.  This was then attached to the base card and was ready to send to someone special.

I know this seems like a quick post but I still have more tax stuff to go through.  Right now I am looking forward to Friday when I can have a day to myself and get some rest!!

I do hope you will stop by tomorrow to see what I have for you.  Thanks for stopping by today and I will see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment