CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, February 18, 2013

Heart Shape Decorated Card

Hi everyone.  We are off the another start of a new week.  I have to say I hope this one does not bring illness like last week.  Our daughter Heather is on the road to recovery and is getting stronger every day.  I am so happy that she is feeling better. 

My husband on the other hand is still ill.  I finally got him to go to the doctor on Saturday.  Luckily for us, our doctor's have and immediate care clinic that is open on Saturday and Sunday for a few hours.  As I had suspected, he has bronchitis.  Now any of you who deal with men when they are ill know that they are stubborn about going to the doctor but are also so needy you cannot get anything else done. 

I did not get to spend the time working in my craft room and on the card I have for you today as much as I would have liked.  However, I did manage to finish a card a found this bit of time when my hubby is sleeping to type this message.  So before he wakes up, let me get started on the card.


The base card for this is the heart shaped Island Indigo card I showed you how to make this past Friday.  I did not measure the actual width of the card but I can tell you that you will need a square envelope to put it into to give to someone.   These are available to order through the Stampin' Up! catalog. 


The first thing I did was add the dots to the front of the card.  This technique is called paper piercing.  The template to do this with is in the paper piercing pack called Occasions in the spring catalog.  It lines up right on top of the shape and you can use it as your guide to make your piercings.  It adds a touch of elegance to the edges.  This is only done on the front flap of the card so you will need to open it up to make sure you are not going through the back piece also.


To create the center piece of the card, I turned once again to the hearts framelits set.  I chose one that would fit on the scallop heart and cut it out of Whisper White.  I took a cotton ball and put a little blue chalk onto it.  Then I rubbed this onto the white just to soften the background piece.  Next I used a flourish stamp from the Wedding Sweet stamp set which is retired.  I stamped this image onto the white heart using the Island Indigo ink.  The heart was then attached to the card using runner adhesive.  I then used the butterfly punches, elegant butterfly and small butterfly, and punched them out of Whisper White card stock.  I put these through my big shot using the elegant bouquet impression folder.  I wanted to add some color to these so I started by coloring the impressed images with my Rich Razzleberry and Baja Breeze Stampin' Up! markers.  I added light blue rhinestones to the center of the butterflies to make the body.  They are attached to the card using glue dots.  For a final touch, I added rhinestones onto the flourish as well as the bottom edge of the heart to make it a little more decorative.  

My hope against hope is to get back into my craft room.  I wish it had a door on it so I could just hide away and craft for a while.  Unfortunately it is located in the main area of our home making it impossible to have a door.  As long as I can find some time, I will be back with another share for you tomorrow.  I am so glad you stopped by for a while today.  Have a marvelous Monday and I will see you all tomorrow! (I hope!)

No comments:

Post a Comment