CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, February 25, 2013

Is That You Minnie?

Hi everyone and happy Monday!!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  I tried to get some rest but there was so much I needed to do.  My cold is still hanging on and my voice would go in and out all day long.  Of course, I think my husband liked it when I could not talk.  That meant I could not ask him to do anything.  I did find a little time to surf the internet and visit a few of my favorite blog sites.  I happened upon a really cute card of Mickey Mouse and knew I had to try it.  So a big thank you to Dawn Olchefske who posted her card on Pinterest and inspired mine.

Now I love Mickey Mouse.  I have been a Disney fan since I was a little girl - you know back in the stone age.  Anyway, I decided to use her card as inspiration and turn mine into Minnie.  I found a video Dawn had made on making her card.  On it she showed that it could easily be adapted to Minnie so I was truly all set to go and make one.  Let me show you the final product of my card.


Minnie is always so pretty in pink isn't she?  I started with a base card of Daffodil Delight cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2".  I scored this at 4 1/4".  I then took a piece of Melon Mambo and cut it to be 3 1/2" x 3 5/8".  I ran this through my big shot using an impression folder I picked up at a local craft store called Medium Polka Dots.  I attached it to the upper part of this card with runner adhesive.  I also cut a piece of Basic Black card stock at 3 1/4" x 3 3/8".  We will focus on this piece in a little bit.  


The greeting for this card is from a retired Stampin' Up! stamp set called Favorite Greetings.  It is a set I was recently given by a friend who was downsizing their craft room.  I stamped this directly onto the Daffodil Delight card stock with Basic Black ink.  Now I will admit it looks a little light on the card stock.  I think if I did this one again, I would either select a different color to stamp it in such as the Melon Mambo or I would heat emboss it using either black or melon embossing powder.  This would help it to stand out a little more.  I added rhinestones in a pattern to this area to liven the card up just a little.


Then it was time to make Minnie.  I took the 3 1/4" x 3 3/8" Basic Black piece and started Minnie by using a 1 3/4" circle punch to punch the main part of her head.  I tried to center the paper in my punch (you can see I was a little off), and put the piece all the way into the punch to punch the circle.  Next, you will need your 1" circle punch.  I went in from the side of the paper and lined my punch up so that a small bit of the circle overlapped the larger circle.  I punch one ear and then the other.  To make the bow, I chose to used the Daffodil card stock.  I punched 2 of the small hearts from the retired heart to heart punch and the center circle is the medium circle of the owl builder punch.  I attached the bow using glue dots and added the dots with a fine tip black marker.  I then attached the completed head to the Mambo using runner adhesive and added a rhinestone to each corner for some bling.


Instead of throwing away the punched out circle from the Basic Black piece on the front, I kept them and attached them to the inside of the card.  I thought it was cute to see Minnie inside as well as out.  The pieces were attached with runner adhesive.  The bow was made the same way as the one on the front.  I just used the Mambo card stock for it and added pink dots to it with a pink marker I have.  Now I will stamp and inside saying and I will be all done.

This is a really easy card to make but it is so cute I think anyone would appreciate receiving it.  I am now off to my craft room to see what I can come up with to make for you to see tomorrow.  Thanks for dropping by today and be sure to drop in tomorrow.  Have a magnificent day!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment