CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Time To Shop!!!

Welcome to Wednesday!!!!!!  I have such a cute card to share with you today.  I made a punch art character that I learned from Ellen Kemper a few years ago.  I had kept mine as a sample to share with others.  When I came across it the other day, I decided I wanted to make another one and this time use it on a card.  My share for you today is that card.  Let's jump right in and get started.


I wanted to make my card resemble a store front.  Now I did not take into consideration that she might cover a lot of it up.  Anyway, I started with a base card of Wisteria Wonder measuring 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".   Next I took out a piece of designer paper and cut it to be 4" x 5 1/4".  I cut a piece out of the center of this using my self healing cutting mat and my craft night.  This opening would serve as a window.  I attached a piece of acetate to the back of it for the window and then attached strips of designer paper with shoes and purses and cosmetics on to show through the window.  I know you cannot see them because she is standing in front of the window but I promise they are there.   The completed piece was attached using runner adhesive.


To complete my store front, I added an awning.  I took a piece of Whisper White card stock and punched out a bunch of word windows.  I added a strip of runner adhesive across the top to attach them.  I then trimmed off the excess that was hanging over.  I then added a small piece of dimensional under the bottom of each word window to make them pop out a little.  I stamped the name of my shop onto the awning using an alphabet set of stamps I have and Wisteria Wonder ink.  Of course it needed spartkle so I added a row of small rhinestones across the top of the card and some larger ones in between the words. 


Ellen Kemper called this character Little Miss Backside because the only view of her is from the back.  I just love her.  I have made several cards using her as a bride.  It is really easy to make and very cute.  I will just start from the top and work my way down.  First though I want to say I know you may think the colors clash a little, I do too.  However, I wanted her to stand out from the background and contrasting colors was a great way to do this.  Alright now onto how to make her.  I used Whisper White card stock for the hat and purse.  Her hat band, shirt and shoes are Calypso Coral while the skirt is Midnight Muse.  Her hair is Early Espresso.  Her back, arms, legs and hands are the retired Blushing Bride card stock.  Last but not least is her credit card which is brushed silver.  Here is a list of the punches used:

Hat - wide oval and 1 1/4" circle
Hat band - a piece punched with a 1 1/4" circle punch offset from a 1 1/4" circle hole
Hair - scallop oval
Back - wide heart from the retired heart to heart punch
Shirt - retired butterfly 
Arms - pieces punched with the wide heart from the retired heart to heart punch that is offset from a wide heart hole
Skirt - retired butterfly punch; butterflies are cut in half and layered to make the skirt
Legs/Shoes - word window cut in half lengthwise
Hands - ends of the modern label  punched with the 1/2" circle 
Purse Handle - large oval punched around the hole of the retired small oval
Purse - retired key tag; punch and then reinsert and punch again to shorten
Credit Card - punch from the little labels punch pack trimmed

I used several impression folders with my big shot to add design to my little lady.  Her shirt and hat band were run through using the perfect polka dots folder.  The hat pieces were put through with the square lattice folder.  For the skirt, I used the snow flowers and for the purse and handle, I used the fancy fan folder.  I added small black pearls to the purse and small white pearls to the hat band.  The skirt has some larger pearls on it.  All pieces of my girl are attached together using liquid glue and the finished girl was placed on the card using dimensionals.  

I had so much fun making this card.  I do hope you like it.  I will be back tomorrow with another share for you to see so be sure to stop by.  Thanks for spending some time with me today.

1 comment: