CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Hopping into March!!!

Hi everyone and happy Tuesday.  I am amazed at how fast the year is going so far.  I also thought Easter was in April this year so imagine my surprise when I realized it is actually March 31.  I prefer holidays that always fall on the same date.  It is so much easier for me to keep track of and to plan for decorating and all kinds of activities.  Oh well.  No one asked me how the calendar should be so I guess I will just have to look every year.  Anyway, I realized I have not spent any time at all on Easter cards.  So I decided to sit down and make one to share with you today. 


Now I will admit this is probably not my best bunny ever but she is cute.  I started with a base card of Baja Breeze cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  Next I cut a layer of Pink Pirouette at 4" x 5 1/4".  I ran this through my big shot using the Framed Tulip impression folder.  I attached it to the base card using runner adhesive.  It is a simple back drop for the card but works well.


I punched out 3 full hearts to use as balloons.  Of course you cannot really see the strings because my bunny hides them.  Two of the balloons are punched from designer series paper I bought at the local craft store.  The third on is punched out of Wisteria Wonder.  Before punching it out, I stamped my greeting onto it used a stamp set called Well Scripted.  This is a retired set but I love the lettering.  I stamped it by first inking it with VersaMark ink and then with Wisteria Wonder.  After it was stamped, I sprinkled clear embossing powder onto it and heat embossed it.  This way the greeting stands out more.   They are attached with dimensionals.


I had this small open area on the card front that looked a little funny so I decided to make a flower bouquet to fill it in.  I did this by first punching out green leaves from Garden Green card stock using my 2 step bird punch.  I punched 4 of the leaves and attached them to the card using my 2 way glue pen.  Next I used the scallop flower punch from the itty bitty punch pack.  I punched 5 of these out of Elegant Eggplant.  I attached these to the leaves using the liquid glue and added a small pearl to the center of each one. 


Finally we get to the star of out card - the bunny!!! I chose to make a white bunny by using Whisper White card stock.  I used Pretty in Pink card stock for the pink highlights and Basic Black for the eyes.  The dress is a piece of designer paper I happen to have in my stash.  The bow is made from Melon Mambo.  Now here is a list of punches to use for her:

Outer Ears - large oval punch

Inner Ears - Retired small oval punch; I brushed the edges with Pretty in Pink ink

Bow - small heart from the Retired heart to heart punch and the scallop flower from the itty bitty punch pack

Head - ornament punch

Eyes - wings from the 2 step bird punch; I brushed the edges of them with Bashful Blue ink 

Black of eyes - medium circle from the owl builder punch

Nose - circle from the itty bitty punch pack

Tongue - 1/4" circle

Cheeks - current small oval punch

Body -  owl builder punch; trim ears and feet off of the owl

Arms/Feet - small oval punch (current one); trim down for the arms and flatten one side for feet

Dress - 1 1/4" scallop circle trimmed 

For finishing touches, I added pearls to the bow and white gel pen to the eyes and nose.  I drew on whiskers and toes with a fine tip black marker.  I put a piece of white ribbon across the bottom of the dress and added dazzling details glitter glue to the dress as buttons.

I am pretty sure I have covered everything but if I left something out let me know.  I am glad you stopped by today.  I hope you come back by tomorrow to see what I have next.  Thanks again and see you all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment