CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, March 11, 2013

More Easter Bunnies

Hi everyone and happy Monday!!!  Well we did get rain on Friday and at times it was heavy rain but no snow or hail at my house.  We spent a few lovely days in the upper 60's and now we are moving up.  By tomorrow, we are going to be in the mid 80's.  I even saw one report that had us in the low 90's by the end of the week!!  I am so not ready for that.  Reaching the 90's now usually means we are in for a hot hot summer.  Not fun!!  With Easter just around the corner, I pray we can have a little bit lower temperatures for all those Easter egg hunts and family gathering.

Speaking of Easter, today's card is another one themed for that special day.  I used one of the new individual stamps that you can purchase until the end of this month.  It only comes as a clear mount stamp but I love those!!  I also decided to do a shape card today so let me show you the card.  Oh there is also a special trick for this one!!


My card for today is oval in shape.  I guess I was thinking about eggs when I made it.  To achieve this, I used the framelits Oval Collection.  The largest oval in the set is scallop and looks wonderful as a card.  I used Pretty in Pink card stock for the base.  I started by cutting this to be 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I placed the framelit on the folded line of the card leaving a little of the folder edge uncut in order to hold the card together.  Now I know if you are looking at the photo, you cannot see the edge of the card which is intact at the top.  The reason you cannot see it is because I cut a single oval out of Pretty in Pink with the scallop oval framelit to layer on top.  While I could attach it to the entire front, I did not.  You will see why in a bit.  The edges of it are sponged with Pretty in Pink ink.

For layer 1, I used Bashful Blue card stock and cut the second largest oval framelit out.  I ran this through the big shot using the Fancy Fan impression folder and brushed the edges with matching ink on a sponge.  I attached it the the pink with runner adhesive.  Layer 2 is a piece of Certainly Celery card stock cut with the third largest oval from the framelits collection.  Once it was cut, it too went through the big shot using the Vine Street impression folder.  The edges were brushed with matching ink and it was attached to the blue with runner adhesive.


The name of this stamp is Ears To You.  I thought it was one of the cutest stamps I had ever seen.  It is hard to see the texture look of each rabbit but they all have a different design on them.  In order to have each rabbit be its own color, I used my Stampin' Up! markers.  The colors are Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, and Certainly Celery.  I used the end that looks like a paint brush.  I took my time covering each image and word.  I gave a little huff on it of warm air to remoisturize it and stamped it onto Whisper White card stock.  I then took the fourth largest oval and cut the image out.  I brushed to edges of the oval with my sponges and all three colors of ink.  I attached this to the green with the same runner adhesive.  


This is the special feature of this card - it is a fancy fold card called an easel card.  I like using this technique with oddly shaped card that will not stand up on their own.  To make the easel, I took the base card and opened it up.  On the front flap, I measured and found the half way point.  I made a score line across the card for this  and bent the piece inward.  I then used runner adhesive to attach the single pink oval to this bottom half, carefully lining up the scallops to match.  I wanted a little more design and added the pearls to every other scallop on the edge.  Now I need to make it stand up.


To do that, I took out my Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set and stamped my greeting with Certainly Celery ink onto Whisper White card stock.  I punched this out using my retired small oval punch.  The edges are brushed using a sponge and the celery ink.  I then punched a scallop oval out of Bashful Blue card stock and brushed the edges with the blue ink.  I wanted to add the paper piecing look to this which is why I needed the greeting punched with the retired small oval.  You can use the large oval punch for the greeting piece if you want.  You will just not be able to do the piercing since it will be covered up by it.  To guide my piercing, I used my piercing pad and the Essential Paper Piercing Pack to do this.  There is a template in this pack that lines up perfectly with the scallop oval.  It makes piercing the holes so easy.  I then added the greeting to the scallop using runner adhesive and added a little pink bunny brad I bought at a local craft store to the greeting.  I placed 2 dimensionals onto the back of this.  I pushed the top piece up to where I wanted it to be to stand and attached the greeting piece right in front of it.  This will fold flat for the envelop but is easy for the receiver to stand up once opened.

I think I will do a step by step tutorial on how to make this easel so that you can see in photos what I have described using words.  I want to be sure you can make this if you would like to so I will post that tutorial tomorrow for you.  

Be sure to stop by and see me again.  I appreciate your visits and look forward to seeing you again.  Thanks for stopping by today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment