CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

New Theme Today

Hi everyone and welcome to Wednesday.  I am changing things up a little and sharing a baby card with you today.  I did not make this one for anyone special so I went with a neutral color.  It seems that everyone wants to find out if it is a boy or girl prior to birth.  With my first daughter I did not want to know.  I wanted to be surprised and all that mattered to me was that the baby would be healthy.  When I was pregnant with my second daughter, I wanted to find out what I was having.  Unfortunately, she wanted me to be surprised and had her back to the camera so they could not see anything.  To be truthful, it was fun to be surprised again. 

The card I am sharing today is one I have seen made by many Stampin' Up! demonstrators.  I would share with you the name of the one who made it but I saw it so long ago I do not remember.  Oh well.  Let me share it with you and we will get started!!


When I think of babies, I think of soft colors.  I wanted a pastel that would be neutral so I chose Certainly Celery card stock.  I cut a base card measuring 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I added a layer of Whisper White that measures 4" x 5 1/4".  I ran this through the big shot using an impression folder called trio dots that I bought at a local craft store.  I edged it with Certainly Celery ink using my sponge and attached it to the card using runner adhesive.  I attached a strip of celery ribbon across my card.  This ribbon is no longer available but I still have a bit.  It is attached with runner adhesive prior to attaching the white to the card.  The green rhinestones were added after all other pieces of the card were complete.


Here's a close up of the baby booties.  I made these using a stamp set called Stitched stockings.  I stamped it in Certainly Celery ink onto Whisper White.  I used the coordinating stocking punch to punch them out.  I trimmed the top piece off and reattached it lower down so that they look like socks and not stocking.  I added a bit of glitter glue to them for added bling.  While they dried, I took a scrap of celery card stock and ran it through my big shot using the Stampin' Up! Oval Designer Frame impression folder.  Once the impression was made, I cut the oval out with my oval framelits collection.  Next I punched a wide oval out of Whisper White card stock and attached it to the center of the oval frame with runner adhesive.  The entire frame was attached to the card with the same runner adhesive.  The bottom bootie was attached using runner adhesive while the top one was attached using dimensionals.  To finish off the look, I added a cute pom pom ball to the top of the top bootie.  


The greeting comes from the stamp set Itty Bitty Banners.  I stamped it using the Certainly Celery ink on Whisper White card stock and cut it out using the bitty banners framelit set.  It is attached to the ribbon with glue dots.  I added a couple of rhinestones to each side of this on the ribbon.  I know it might be hard to tell from the photo but they are just the "diamond" looking rhinestones while the ones on the white of the card are a light green.

Well that concludes my baby card for today.  I will not be posting for the rest of the week but will be back on Monday.  Tomorrow is our 16th wedding anniversary and I plan to spend the day with my hubby.  I know I will not have time to get back into my craft room until Friday or so meaning nothing will be created and ready until Monday.  I hope you all enjoy the rest of your week and have a wonderful weekend.  Thanks for stopping by today!!  See you Monday!!!!!

1 comment: