CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, March 8, 2013

Springtime Feeling

Hi everyone.  We have made it to another Friday.  I have to say this has been a tough week for me.  Not only was I still dealing with my cold but this past Monday marked the 6 year anniversary of my mom's passing.  I miss her every day.  I know everyone tells you it gets easier with time but I have not really found that.  I think you reach a point of being able to go on and move forward.  The loneliness of not having her here to talk to anymore never ceases.  I wish other people could be a little more understanding about this.  It is hard to feel so alone at such a sad time.  Oh well, there will be a next week and it will hopefully get better. 

The card I made to share with you today is one which reminds me a lot of my mom.  I used one of her favorite colors as the color scheme.  Let's just get started shall we.


I started this card with a base of Rose Red cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I then added a layer of Pink Pirouette measuring 4" x 5 1/4".  I took this piece and ran it through my big shot using the Framed Tulips impression folder.  I attached it to the card with runner adhesive.  The final layer is a piece of Whisper White cut at 3" x 4 1/4".


I ran the layer through my big shot using the Elegant Lines impression folder.  I added some light pink rhinestones to the litter circles of the design.  I just wanted a little color but not too much.


For my greeting, I punched out a 1 1/4" circle from Rose Red.  Next I used one of my new stamp sets called A Fitting Occasion.  I stamped the circle of words and the little butterfly in the center using Rose Red ink onto Whisper White.  I punched it out using the 1" circle punch and adhered it to the rose punch with runner adhesive.  I attached it to the card using a dimensional. 


The final piece to complete this card front is the butterfly.  I punched it out of the embossed piece of Whisper White using the elegant butterfly punch.  I then added a piece of retired designer paper to the back of it allowing a little design to be seen through the front.  Next I punched a small butterfly out of Rose Red card stock and ran it through the big shot using the perfect polka dots impression folder.  I attached it to the center of the elegant butterfly using a glue dot.  For the finishing touch, I added pearls to the center of the small butterfly and bent its wings up so it looks like it is flying.  Once this was complete, the entire piece was attached to the card using dimensionals.

Well we are at the end of the week.  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  Be sure to do something fun and relax.  Life is too short to rush through.  I will be back on Monday with another share for you.  Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment