CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

A New Flower Tutorial

Hi everyone and happy Wednesday!!!  I hope your week is going well.  I am catching up on some housework and enjoying my crafting time.  One week from today my youngest daughter will be moving out.  It is amazing how fast the time has gone.  I am truly happy for her to be in a place where she feels ready to start the next chapter of her life.  As for me, well, ask me in a couple of weeks how I am doing.  Right now, I am fine and right after she moves out, my sister will be having foot surgery.  I am guessing it will be a few months before the reality of her being gone truly sets in.  Enough of this.  Let's talk about today's post.

I happen to be on Pinterest the other day and came across this card with the coolest Lily flower I had ever seen on it.  I wanted to learn how to make it and found it is rather simple to do.  I decided I would share my first attempt with you by showing you step by step how they are made.I want to thank Debbie Henderson for making the card I saw and sharing these wonderful flowers with us all.  Let's get started.


Here are the supplies you will need to make the flowers:

The two-step bird punch; scraps of Lucky Limeade and Whisper White card stock; Lucky Limeade and Daffodil Delight ink; sponges for the inks; and a liquid adhesive (not shown in photo).


To begin use your two-step bird punch and punch out 2 bird wings from Lucky Limeade.  Next punch out 3 birds from the Whisper White and 5 of the bird wings.  This is all you will need to build your flower.


Next, sponge the edges of the leaves with Lucky Limeade ink.  Then sponge all the wings and birds.  I sponges Lucky Limeade ink on one side and Daffodil Delight on the other.


Now it is time to start building your flower.  Begin by attaching the leaves together with a liquid glue.  This is the foundation of the flower.


Then you will attach the birds using the same liquid glue.  As you can see, they are layered on one at a time behind the leaves.  There is no exact science for your angles.  Just make it how you want it.


Once you have the birds on, you will continue the layering with the 5 bird wings.  Again use the liquid glue to attach these.  Angle them how you like.  With the liquid glue, you will be able to manipulate them a little to move them into the place you want for the look you are happiest with.


I made 2 of the flowers.  As you can see one is smaller than the other.  Personally this does not bother me.  After all, if you think about real flowers, they are all unique and individual so the look and size of these gives it a more realistic quality.  

Tomorrow, I will show you the card I put together using these flowers.  Any changes I make to them will be pointed out.  I hope you will come back to see my card.  Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a wonderful rest of the day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment