CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, April 15, 2013

A New Holiday To Focus On

Hi everyone and welcome to Monday.  I would say happy tax day but who looks forward to taxes!!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  I tried to rest up some since this will be another busy week for me.  I am taking my sister this morning to have surgery on her right foot.  Apparently she tore a tendon years ago and it has never healed.  Now it is causing her a lot of pain so it has become necessary to have it fixed.  Hopefully all will go well and she will have no complications.  I am having her come stay with me for a few days so that I can help her. 

I finally managed to get into my craft room this weekend for a little bit.  I could not decide what to make for you and started thinking about what holiday would be coming up.  It just happens to be Mother's Day.  So this is the first of several cards I will do honoring this day.  Let me show this one to you and let's get started.


I started with a base card of Daffodil Delight cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  I added a layer of Rich Razzleberry measuring 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  For the top layer, I went with a piece of Whisper White card stock cut at 4" x 5 1/4".  I took this piece and ran it through my big shot using the Vintage Wallpaper impression folder.  I am going to move on to the next component and will share with you a closer look at the background in a minute. I attached all these layers together using runner adhesive.


The colors I chose to use for my flowers are Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight and Melon Mambo.  I used Wild Wasabi for the leaves.  I used only 2 punches to make these:  the blossom builder punch and the 3/4" circle punch.  I punched 6 petals for each flower, a 3/4" circle of the flower color to glue the petals to and 3 leaves.  I sponged the edges of the petals and the leaves with coordinating ink colors/  I used a liquid glue to attach the petals to the circle and to attach the leaves to the back of the circle.  I then used an alphabet stamp set to stamp the letters for "mom" onto Whisper White using inks to match my flower colors.  I then punched the letters out with the 3/4" circle punch.  I then sponges the edges with the third color so every flower has some representation of the other 2.  The letter circles are attached to the center of the flowers using liquid glue.  I added some Dazzling Details liquid glitter glue dots to each petal for pizzazz!!


Prior to attaching the white layer to the base, I used the ink colors of the flowers and my sponges to add color to the background.  I sponged each color in a diagonal area across the card to that it was a rainbow effect.  I then attached it to the card.   The finished flowers were attached using dimensionals.  I decided to add a couple of gem stones to the open areas of the cards so nothing would look barren.  

I do hope to make it into the craft room today to make another card for you.  Not sure what the theme will be for it.   Please come back to visit me tomorrow.  Thanks for dropping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment