CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Yes I Am Really Back Today!!!!!!

Hi everybody.  Welcome to Tuesday and to the month of April and a great big HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUNT BARBARA!!!!!!!!  I wish you a day of happiness and a year full of joy!!!

  I hope your April Fool's Day was a good one and that no one played any mean jokes on you.  I cannot believe that Easter has come and gone already.  Did you get lots of nice treats from the Easter Bunny?  We had a really quiet Easter at my home.  Both my girls went to their grandmother's so it was just the hubby and me at the house.  That was probably a good thing since I still felt run down from the nasty old flu.  We played games and watched Easter Parade (one of my all time favorite movies!).  Our dinner was grilled ham and 4 cheese sandwiches made by yours truly.  I enjoyed the quiet and time with my hubby as I knew April was beginning to stack up with things to do.  I hope to find a little down time but who knows!

The card I made to share with you today is a very simple one.  I think that is why I like it so much.  It takes a minimum amount of time to make and is cute.  Let me show you the card and we will get started. 


Circles, circles everywhere!!  I love the circles don't you.  We will as always begin at the beginning.  I started with a base card of Melon Mambo measuring 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I added a layer of Elegant Eggplant cut at 4" x 5 1/4" to this using runner adhesive.  The top layer is a piece of 3 3/4" x 5" Whisper White that was attached after being decorated and embossed with the runner adhesive.


The greeting for this one is from the stamp set called Pretty Petites.  This set was part of the Sale-a-bration catalog and is no longer available.  I stamped it using Melon Mambo ink onto Whisper White card stock and punched it out using the small curly label punch.  Next I punched out a regular curly label in Basic Black.  I layered the white onto the black with runner adhesive.  I added a rhinestone to the candle and pearls around the edges of the black.  It is attached to the card using dimensionals.


To make the white front for the card, start by cutting the white to 3 3/4" x 5".  Set this piece aside while you prepare all you circles to attach to it.  I grabbed scrap pieces of Melon Mambo, Elegant Eggplant, Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive and Daffodil Delight card stock.  I then grabbed my 1 1/4", 1" and 3/4" circle punches.  Punch one of each size out of each of the colors.  Place them randomly on your white card stock and attach them using runner adhesive.   Once you have attached all your circles down, trim off any excess that hangs over the sides of the white.  Finally run the piece through your big shot using an impression folder.  I chose to use the Honeycomb folder for mine.  I attached this to the card with runner adhesive and added rhinestones to each circle.  

Easy don't you think?  I made this card while waiting for our exterminator to come spray the house.  I knew I would be out all afternoon but this was a card that could be accomplished in a small amount of time.  

Well that's it for today.  I hope you all have a wonderful day and come back to see me tomorrow.  Thanks for dropping in today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment