CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, May 3, 2013

A Day at the Beach? I Wish!!!

Happy Friday to you all.  We have made it through another week and into a new month.  Soon school will be out and people will be planning on taking vacations.  One popular destination is the beach.  I love the beach.  I am not big on swimming in the ocean and I absolutely cannot surf, but I do enjoy walking in the sand, especially the wet sand and splashing my feet in the water.  It has been a few years since we have visited a beach.  Perhaps if we go to California this summer to visit my hubby's dad we will get to go.

Anyway, my oldest daughter showed me a really nice picture of a pelican recently.  I guess that got me thinking about the beach and also about a punch art character I had seen made by Ellen Kemper years ago.  I decided I wanted to give Mr. Pelican a try so here is my card I came up with for you.


Now I could not have my pelican all alone on the beach so I wanted to give him a friend.  But before we get into how I made them, let's start with the base card.  I used Pacific Point card stock to make this.  It is cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  I added a layer of Basic Black measuring 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  It is attached with runner adhesive.  For my final top layer, I started with a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Whisper White card stock.  Using my chalks, I created a sky looking scene on this piece.  Next I took a piece of Pacific Point card stock that was 5 1/4" wide and cut 2 strips.  I made the edges of these strips wavy to make the ocean water.  The final piece added is a piece of Crumb Cake which is also 5 1/4" wide.  I tore 1 strip of this for the sand.  I used a background stamp to add texture with Soft Suede ink.  The water and sand are attached together with runner adhesive and then attached to the card with the same runner adhesive.  Now I must tell you that I wanted to add some glitter to the water and sand but I forgot to do it.  I also could not think of what greeting I wanted to use with this one so the sky area where the greeting will go is blank right now.  The white layer complete with water and sand is attached to the base card using runner adhesive.


Let's talk about Mr. Lobster shall we.  He is fairly easy to make.  I used Real Red, Whisper White, and Basic Black card stock to do him.  His body is a large oval.  For the legs, I used the retired bat punch.  I punched the bat and then offset the punch and repunched it for the legs.  It works really well but you can do this with a 3/4" circle punch too.  The pinchers are a small oval that was punched and then one side was cut off.  I layered the large piece on top of the smaller cut piece and glued them so they were open.  The eyes are scraps of red.  The white of the eyes is the medium circle from the owl builder punch and the black is a 1/4" circle.  I drew on the smile and added white gel to the eyes.  All pieces were attached together using a liquid glue and the finished lobster was attached using dimensionals.


Mr. Pelican is also an easy character to make.  I used Whisper White, Basic Black, Daffodil Delight and Tangerine Tango card stock for him.  The white pieces are all sponged using Crumb Cake ink and the Daffodil beak is edged with Daffodil Delight ink.  The beak and the body are wide ovals.  For the beak, I cut a strip off and, like the lobster, layered the small and large piece to leave it open as if he has his mouth open.  The body was punched and then tapered on one side.  The wing is a large oval.  While you cannot really see the neck, it is made using a word window.  The head was made with the retired butterfly punch.  Now if you do not have this, you can use a circle or an oval and shape it with your scissors.  I used only half of the butterfly for the head.  The eyes are a 1/4" circle punch.  The legs were made using the word window punch.  I punched it along the edge of the Tangerine card stock, inserting the card stock less than half way lengthwise.  The feet are from the boho blossom punch.  I used the pointy petaled flower and punched 2 of them.  They are trimmed down to make the feet.  

I hope you can understand these instructions.  I always hope to be clear but what seems to make sense to me may not to you so feel free to ask for clarification.  

I wish you all a wonderful weekend.  I hope you have fun and do something fun.  I will be back on Monday with another share for you to see.  Until then, thanks for stopping by to see me today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment