CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Let's Keep It Simple

Hi everyone and Happy Tuesday!!!   I do hope your week is off to a better start than mine.  I spent part of the day yesterday cleaning and preparing for a Mother's Day dinner with my mom-in-law.  That was the fun part of the day - the dinner.  Good food and lots of family are a recipe for happiness.  However, to start my day, I wanted to be sure I made a card to share with all of you.  I had 2 ideas running in my head and started with the one I liked best.  Well, it didn't work.  I was disappointed with how it was looking and decided to scrap the idea and go to plan b.  Well that plan turned out as well as the first.  I just could not seem to get anything to work like I wanted it to.  I was ready to give up and call it a day for crafting when I spotted this background stamp I bought a few years ago and thought why not just make a really simple card.  So that's what I did.


I started with a base card of Garden Green cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  Next I added a layer of Daffodil Delight that was 4" x 5 1/4".  Prior to attaching it to the card I ran it through the big shot using the tulip frame impression folder.  Now I did trim a small strip off the bottom of this after it had been impressed.  I did this only because I had one side of the frame closer to the edge that the other and this evened it up a bit.  I then attached it using the runner adhesive and moved on to my Whisper White layer.  I cut this piece to measure 3 1/8" x 4 1/4".  This fits perfectly inside the frame.  I took this piece and stamped it with a tree stamp I bought several years ago.  This was the stamp I saw that inspired this card.  I used a green StazOn ink that I have to do this.  I attached it to the inside of the frame with the runner adhesive.


Here is a closer look at the tulip frame and the tree.  I wanted to be sure you could see the details of this.  


For my greeting, I started with a piece of Whisper White card stock.  I stamped the frame which is from the stamp set Four Frames onto this using Garden Green ink.  I punched it out using the decorative label punch.  I then used the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set and stamped the greeting in the center of the frame with Daffodil Delight ink.  Using my Daffodil Delight Stampin' Up! marker, I added the little polka dots.  I then created a frame from Daffodil Delight card stock for the greeting and adhered it with runner adhesive.  The finished greeting piece is attached to the card using dimensionals.  

Now I know this is not an overly fancy card, but keep in mind that sometimes simplicity is best.  I hope you have enjoyed this one.  I also hope that my next card will be more successful so I can share it with you all.  

I am cutting my week short this week.  My hubby has a couple of days off and we have not had a lot of time together in weeks.  I am going to spend some much needed time with him for the rest of this week.  I will be back next Monday with another share for all of you.  Thanks for stopping by today and I will see you all next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment