CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, May 13, 2013

My Stackable Card

Hi everyone and happy Monday.  I realized I forgot to wish all you mom's out there a Happy Mother's Day yesterday!  I hope you had a wonderful one.  I spent mine with my girls and enjoyed every minute of it!!!  I hope the rest of your weekend was fun.

I did find time to make my card with the stackable toy on it.  Ready to see it?  Here we go!


I started with a base card of Wild Wasabi cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I added a layer of Whisper White cut at 4" x 5 1/4".  I added little circles punched using the circle from the itty bitty punch pack.  I used the colors of the stackable rings for these.  I attached them using runner adhesive and ran the piece through the big shot using my medium dots impression folder.  I apparently was not thinking clearly when I made this because had I been I would have placed the dots toward the top so they would be visible instead of hidden by the toy.  Oops!!  I attached the completed white layer to the base with runner adhesive.  


For my rings, I used ovals to make these.  I used the wide oval punch for the Real Red and the oval framelits for the rest of the colors:  Tangerine Tango, Daffodil  Delight, Garden Green, Pacific Point and the white base.  I trimmed off a piece of each side and tried to round the corners.  As you can see some of my edges are a bit rough but they will do.  The post in the center is a Daffodil Delight 1 1/4" circle.  I attached all pieces of the toy together using runner adhesive and added the finished product to the card with dimensionals.


The greeting for this one is from the stamp set called A Fitting Occasion.  I stamped it using Wild Wasabi ink onto Whisper White and punched it out using a 1" circle punch.  I layered it onto a Wild Wasabi 1 1/4" circle with runner adhesive and attached it to the card with a dimensional.  

For a first attempt I am happy but already have ideas of how to change things up a bit for the next one.  I hope you like it though.

Well I am off.  I am having my in-laws over for dinner tonight to celebrate Mother's Day so I have food to get ready.  I will see you all tomorrow.  Thanks for stopping by today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment