CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Back To Babies

Hi everyone.  It's Tuesday and it is hot hot hot here in Phoenix.  We have definitely reach summer temperatures meaning we are over 100 degrees every day.  It will only get hotter as the summer days go by.  While I do enjoy swimming and the lazy days, I will be ready for the autumn season with the holidays, busy days and cooler temperatures. 

Today I decided to make a baby card.  No idea why I chose this.  I do not know anyone who is pregnant right now but since I seemed inspired to do this I thought why not!!!  Let's just jump in and get started.


I started with a base card of Tempting Turquoise cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  I then added a layer of 4 1/8 x 5 3/8" Whisper White.  I ran this through my big shot using the perfect polka dots impression folder.  Once impressed, I used sponges and Pumpkin Pie and Tempting Turquoise ink and brushed over the dots to add color to it.  I attached it using runner adhesive.  

The top layer is a quilt I made using left over designer series paper.   I started with a 4" x 5" piece of Whisper White.  Using my 1" square punch, I punched out squares from the dsp and attached them to the white using runner adhesive.  Once covered, I ran this through the big shot using the top note die. 
I attached a piece of retired 1/4" grosgrain Tempting Turquoise ribbon to it and attached it to the card using the runner adhesive.


The stamped image on this one is from a stamp set called Best of Brides and Babies.  This is a special set offered by Stampin' Up! in celebration of their 25 years in business.  I stamped the image using Chocolate Chip ink onto Whisper White.  I colored the image using colored pencils and cut it out free hand.  It is attached to the card with runner adhesive.  I tucked it behind the ribbon just a bit.  I added some colored rhinestones to the ribbon for dazzle.

The word was made using my big shot and an alphabet set of sizzlits called Girls are Weird.  I cut the skinny part of the letters out of Pumpkin Pie card stock and the shadow letter from Basic Black. I layered the letters using a 2 way glue pen and attached them to the card with the same glue pen.  I added some dazzling details glitter glue to the letters for added pizzazz.

Well that's it for today.  I am going to go finish my laundry and take a nap.  The worst part of the summer heat for me is that it increases my migraines greatly and I spend a lot of days hurting.  Oh well, I have survived for many years so I am sure I will be fine this summer too.  

Please stop by tomorrow to see what I will have to share with you then.  I am so happy you chose to spend some time with me today.  Thanks for dropping in and I will see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment