CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, June 14, 2013

It's Birthday Card Day - Finally!!!!

We have once again made it to Friday.  I can not believe the week is already gone.  I am looking forward to craft time this weekend and playing with a few ideas that are running around in my head.  Some days all the ideas overwhelm me but I am hoping I will sort through them this weekend and be able to focus on just a few a them. 

Today as promised I am going to share the card I made for my daughter with you.  Now you may think this is a strange card to make for a girl because it is based on a super hero.  However, my daughter and her boyfriend are both into toy collecting and comics and they go see all the super hero movies that come out about characters they like.  For me, this was a natural one to make.  A couple of weeks ago I made a super hero card using owls.  I focused on the Hulk, Batman, Superman, and Spiderman.  When I showed it to my daughter, she said "Mom, you should have made Ironman too".  Now I know she was referring to an owl Ironman but I thought I would take it a step further and make an Ironman.  I had no idea how hard this was going to be, and I will be the first to tell you that it probably needs more work and could look better.  So without further ado, I will share this card with you.


Well what do you think?  Be honest.  It took a lot of trial and error for me to even get him to look like this.  This card is a fancy fold card called a Tri-fold Shutter card.  I will explain how to make it a little bit later.  For now we will focus on the man himself.


The color scheme for Ironman himself is Real Red and Brushed Gold.  Basically the entire body of this hero uses oval punches.  I used the wide oval for the body and the chest plate.  The plate is trimmed and repunched on one side with the large oval.  I used the large oval on the arms and the center of the body.  The arms are trimmed down a bit.  The current small oval was used for the neck and head area.  The retired small oval was used as part of the center of the body.  The hands come from the boho blossom punch.  There are scrap pieces of gold that I used to make the gold patches on the arms and at the neck area.  The center triangle is a piece of Shimmer Silver card stock that I cut and it is sponged with Tempting Turquoise ink.  The lines were drawn on using the Real Red marker.  For eyes, I used small scraps of the silver and outlined them with black marker. 


Again for the legs, I used the large ovals.  The gold thighs are large ovals that I have trimmed down and scrap pieces of gold.  This is one area I would like to work on to improve.  The feet are the wide heart from the heart to heart punch.  Again I trimmed pieces to achieve the look I wanted and added lines with the red marker.  The finished Ironman was attached to the card using dimensionals.  I do apologize for the hair in the photo.  I did not realize it was there until I sat down to do the blog.   Of course I do not have the card anymore so I could not take another photo for you.  Oh well.  

I also realize the instructions for him are fairly cryptic.  I think I made him too difficult and need to figure out how to simplify him.  I will work on that and if I am successful, I will certainly share it with you.  Now on to the card.


Here you can see the card lying "flat" on the counter.  This was a card that once it was all put together, I actually weighted it down so it would collapse and fit in the envelope.  To start this card, you will need a 5 1/2" x 12" piece of card stock.  You will need to score it from top to bottom at 2", 4", 8" and 10".  Then you will turn it lengthwise.  You will measure 1 1/2" from each side and mark it on the 2" score line and the 10" score line.  Using a ruler to help you, take your craft knife an cut from the 2" to the 10" line.  This is what creates the panels for you to fold.  I did add Basic Black and Brushed Gold layers to each panel.  I measure the panels one by one and then cut my card stock.  Panels are added with runner adhesive.  

I added a label to the center panel using the labels framelits.  I cut one in black and the next size down out of white.  I ran the white one through the big shot using the fancy fan impression folder.  I layered these together and attached them to the panel using runner adhesive.   I cut out the numbers with the retired billboard decorative strip and the big shot.  I cut them out of black and champagne shimmer.  The ones on the center panel are layered together with the two way glue pen and attached to the panel using dimensionals.  All other numbers are attached using the two way glue pen.  

The greeting on the back panel is a DeNami stamp.  The top center comes from the Create A Cupcake stamp set and the bottom center is from the retired Word Play stamp set.  The side panel greeting is from Express Yourself.  All of these were stamped originally in VersaMark ink and then heat embossed using black embossing powder.  I added rhinestones all over the card for glitz.


This is the card when it is standing up.  As you can see it gets a lot of dimension.  I like the way you can decorate it and it will just look cool instead of too busy.  


This is the top view of the card.  You can really see all the open panels and how the tri-fold works.  I love this card.  It is really fairly easy to make and the finished look is amazing!!!!!

So now you have seen the infamous card.  I hope you enjoyed it as much as my daughter.  I will be back on Monday to share another card with all of you.  Until then I wish you all a wonderful weekend.  Stay cool and be safe.  See you next week and thanks for visiting today!

No comments:

Post a Comment