CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, June 28, 2013

Last Post of the Month of June

You know I did not realize until I looked at my calendar today that the next time I post a blog will be in July!!!!  I cannot help be feel a little like "where did June go".  It just seemed to pass so quickly.  I remember this feeling when I was still teaching and knew that July meant prepping to go back to work in August.  This year I guess I am just reliving my teacher days by feeling this way.  Kind of funny, huh?

Today I am going to share another patriotic card with you that would be perfect for the 4th of July.  I am planning on using it for a birthday card myself but the nice thing about it is you can choose to use it however you want.  Ready to start?  Let's go.


Isn't he cute?  I started with a base card of Night of Navy cut at 5 1/2" by 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I added a 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" piece of Whisper White to this using runner adhesive.  For the top layer, I cut a piece of Real Red to be 4" x 5 1/4".  I then took a 2" x 2 1/2" piece of navy and ran it through the big shot using my stars impression folder.  I used my white gel pen to color a few of the stars and set this aside to dry.  I then took a scrap of white and cut off 1/2" strips.  I attached these to the red using my 2 way glue pen.  Once attached I trimmed off the ends that hung over and then attached the navy stars piece to the corner with runner adhesive.  This was attached to the base with runner adhesive.  I cut a piece of shimmer champagne card stock at 3" x 3 1/2" (this might not be exact but I think it's close) and attached it to the center of the card front with the runner adhesive.


To make Uncle Sam's hat, I started with a piece of white that was around 2" x 2 1/2".  I added a couple of shimmer red card stock strips that were 1/2" in width to this with runner adhesive.  I added dazzling diamond glitter to the white strips of the hat with my 2 way glue pen.  The hat brim is a piece of navy that I had left over (it's about 1/2" wide also).  Using the 2 way glue pen, I added blue glitter to it and attached it to the card with the 2 way glue pen.  I also added 3 stars punched out with the star punch from the holiday set.  They are champagne also.  Before attaching them, I added a star brad to the center of each - one red, one white, and one blue.  They were then attached to the hat using glue dots.


The beard, hair and mustache are all from the 2 3/8" scallop circle punch.  The hair on the forehead is just a piece of the circle attached to the brim of the hat.  The mustache is 2 of the scallops still attached and cut to just be half circles.  Whisper White was used for these as well as the white of the eyes.  I also used Night of Navy for the eyes and Basic Black too.  I used Blushing Bride for the face and the nose.  The face is a 1 3/4" circle.  The eyes and nose are from the owl builder punch.  I drew the mouth on with a black marker.  All pieces are adhered using my 2 way glue pen.  The finished Sam is attached to the card with his hat using dimensionals.

Well that's it for this week.  I wish you all a wonderful weekend.  Have fun and be safe.  I will see you all next month!!!  Thanks for stopping by today to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment