CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, June 27, 2013

M-I-C............

It's Thursday.  Now I would bet from the title of this post that a lot of you know what the theme of my card today is.  At least if you are part of my generation you will.  Today's share is one of the most fun card I have made in a long time.  Therefore, I am just going to jump in and get started!!


Is this not one of the cutest cards you have ever seen?!!  Ok so I am bragging a bit but I really like it.  Let's focus on the base and we will get to the characters in a minute.

The base card is Real Red cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I added a 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" piece of Basic Black card stock to this using runner adhesive.  For the final layer, I took a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Whisper White card stock and ran it through my big shot using the brocade impression folder.  I then added it using runner adhesive.

I cut 2 hearts out of Real Red card stock using my big shot and my heart framelits.  Once they were cut, I ran them through the big shot using the fancy fan impression folder.  They were then attached to the base using runner adhesive.  I added the frosted red and white pearls after the characters were placed on the card.


The characters themselves are made exactly the same way.  The only difference is Minnie had eyelashes and a red ribbon.  So here is Mickey Mouse himself for you to see.  I will list the punches used down below.


And here is Minnie.  all pieces of the duo were put together with runner adhesive and a 2 way glue pen.  I drew he eyelashes and mouths on the with a black marker.  I also drew the eyeballs on and outlined the white of the eyes.  The tongue also has a line drawn on it using the Rose Red marker and a white gel pen finished the nose.  The colors of card stock I used for these two are Basic Black, Whisper White, Blushing Bride and Rose Red.

Punches used for these two are the following:

1 3/8" circle for the ears and face.  Cut a notch out of the top of the head.
1 3/4" circle for the black of the head
small heart for the eyes and nose; cut one for the nose down to the size you want
retired small oval for the cheeks, mouth, chin, and top of mouth

Really if you look at the picture I think you can see how to piece these together.  If you have any questions please contact me and I will help you. 

Only one more day this week.  We will go back to the patriotic theme tomorrow so please stop by to see what I have.  Thanks so much for dropping by today.  See you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment