CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, June 3, 2013

New Stamp and Impression Folder

Hi everyone!!  Happy Monday.  It's a brand new week and it is also exactly one week until my youngest daughter turns 21.  Where did the time go?  It always amazes me how quickly life goes by.  As kids all we want to do is grow up.  If only we knew that it would happen sooner than we think, we would relish the childhood moments and never want to grow up!!  I am so proud of both my girls.  I guess to me they will always be little.

This weekend I decided I wanted to play with some of the new items from Stampin' Up!.  The card I am sharing with you today uses the new Wildflower Meadow stamp with the coordinating Wildflower Meadow impression folder.  Let's jump in shall we?!!!!


This card begins with a base card of Daffodil Delight cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I then added a layer of Garden Green card stock measuring 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  It is attached with runner adhesive.  For the top layer, I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock at 4" x 5 1/4".   I took out the Wildflower Meadow stamp and inked it using my Daffodil Delight ink pad.  I then used my Stampin' Up! Garden Green marker and went over the stems and leaves and used the Bermuda Bay marker to color the hummingbird.  Because the green and bermuda are darker than the daffodil, I was able to just color on top of the daffodil but have the colors I wanted.  I then stamped the image onto the white being sure to put even pressure on the stamp.  Once the image was stamped, I ran it through the big shot using the coordinating impression folder.  I know it is hard to see in the photo so I took a couple of close ups.


The impression is still hard to see but hopefully you can see some.  I was slightly off on the placement of the folder over the stamped image but I think it looks okay.  I attached it to the card using the runner adhesive.  Once attached, I wanted the hummingbird to have an eye so I used  a small black pearl and added orange glitter using my 2 way glue pen to the beak and a few areas of the bird.  I thought it helped to give definition to him.


Here are the rest of the flowers.  Again you can see the impression if you look closely, especially on the right side of the image.  I added orange glitter to the center of all the flowers and outlined the petals of the one flower with it.  Again, I used a 2 way glue pen to do this.  

The only think the card does not have on the fron

No comments:

Post a Comment