CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, June 10, 2013

Playing Dress Up Once Again

HAPPY 21st BIRTHDAY KAITLYN!!!!!!!

Hi everyone and happy Monday.  Well today is the day.  It's my daughter's 21st birthday.  It's hard to believe 21 years have gone by so fast.  I am tremendously proud of the young woman she has become.  She is absolutely wonderful.

Now even though today is her actual birthday, I will not be spending it with her.  Instead, we are going to spend the entire day Wednesday celebrating with her and her boyfriend.  Of course, that means that I cannot share her card with you just yet.  So I decided to go with another Disney star and share her dress, well kind of a dress.  Since she is actually a fairy, I am not sure if her outfit is a dress or not.  Oh well. Here we go.


I started with a base card of Daffodil Delight cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  To this base I added a piece of Whisper White.  It is cut at 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".  I then used my eyelet lace punch to punch each side of the white.  It is attached to the center of the card front using runner adhesive.  I then added dots to the front of this using the Daffodil Delight marker.  I also added small yellow rhinestones to the center hole of each eyelet scallop.  


To begin the dress, I first used my dress up framelits and cut out the dress form from Basic Black.  Next, I took a piece of Garden Green card stock and cut out the sundress using the same framelits.  I cut the dress short using my scissors.  I then added green glitter to the entire dress using my 2 way glue pen.  I then took a piece of vellum paper and punched out 5 large ovals.  I cut a strip off of a piece of Champagne shimmer card stock for the belt and glued the ovals to it.  This was then attached to the dress as the belt.  Finally I cut out the butterfly wings from vellum paper using my big shot and the beautiful butterflies die.  I ran these through the big shot using a swirl impression folder and then edged them with silver glitter.  The glitter is attached using TomBow glue.  I set these aside to dry and worked on the background.

I started by taking out a set of scallop oval framelits I have and cut one out of Daffodil Delight and one size smaller out of Whisper White.  I ran each of these through the big shot using a couple of impression folders - the daffodil went through using an oval shaped folder while the white used the honeycomb folder.  I attached both the ovals to the card using runner adhesive.

By now the wings were dry so I attached them to the back of the dress form using glue dots.  I added dimensionals to the back of the dress form and attached it to the card.    


Finally it was time to add the greeting.  I used my Create a Cupcake stamp set and stamped the greeting using Daffodil Delight ink onto Whisper White card stock.  I punched this out using the word window.  I then punched a modern label out of Daffodil Delight card stock.  I attached the white greeting to it using runner adhesive and attached the entire greeting to the card using dimensionals.

Now I am off to finish a few things for my daughter's birthday.  I am not sure if I will share her card with you on Wednesday or Thursday but it will be one of those.  I just want her to see it first.  

I hope your week if off to a wonderful start.  I am so glad you stopped by to see me today.  I will be back tomorrow with another share for you.  Thanks for visiting.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment